Chapter Twenty Nine. Unexpected Visitors.

Edited.

Song for this chapter: Shane-Insecure. (THIS ARTIST IS SO UNDER-RATED!!! HE'S SO FUNNY AND HAS SUCH A UNIQUE VOICE. YOU GOTTA WATCH THE VIDEOS FOR HIS SONGS THEY SO FUNNY)

Death.

Death was a horrible word I hated using at all times. I preferred to use the term 'passing away'. I believed people did really pass away onto a better place. A place where there was no pain, no sadness, no regrets and no death. I wasn't a very religious person but I did believe in a second world for when we leave our bodies. Wether it be in the stars in the night sky or a whole other universe not visible to the living human eye.

But I believed we did move on. That we could look down at our loved ones and make our presence known. When I say make our presence known, I didn't mean haunting a few innocent people in the middle of the night screaming 'it's Britney bitch'.

I meant it as in we could leave a bit of us behind and leave just a little bit of our love into our loved ones hearts and let them know we are always with them, in their hearts forever and always.

I looked at myself in my mirror, my lace black dress sewn onto my body. I really need to cool off on those brownies. I had actually managed to fixate my hair into a few loose bouncy girls with the help of a YouTube tutorial Becca had sent me the link to on messenger.

Since heels were my worse enemy, one of the blondes were kind enough to give me a loan of their black vans since I really only own converse. 

I looked acceptable. I don't think Angie would mind me wearing vans to her own funeral. She just wanted other people to be and feel comfortable and that's what I said to myself putting on the vans.

Jackson had offered to mind Gabriela for me since he and Olivia were no more and he knew how important this was to both me and Grayson. Oddly enough Elizabeth had offered too when she came around yesterday to give me money for groceries and new clothes for Gabriela and I. 

But of course I obviously declined that offer the minute it left her mouth. I still don't trust her, that's something she has to earn. The only reason she knew about the funeral in the first place is because she overheard me asking Jackson to mind Gabriela when she was coming in.

When I had first told Jackson about me and Elizabeth's 'arrangement' he was hesitant at first to comply with it but once I had told him the benefits it would give Gabriela he slowly agreed for her to try be there for Gabriela. We both know Gabriela needs a mother figure in her life, I can't be that for her and Jackson sure as hell can't.

He killed my hamster when I was five, I think I only remember that so vividly because I was traumatised for months after that. Jackson claimed it was an 'accident', but I don't get how you just accidentally throw an innocent little hamster out of a bedroom window to see if it can fly.

Walking down my creaking stairs I joined Gabriela on the couch as she watched an unknown Disney channel show that I know would never live up to what I watched growing up like Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place, Sweet life of Zack and Cody, Lizzy McGuire. The list goes on and don't even get me started on Nickelodeon.

''What you watching, Gabs'' I asked her, while I waited for Gray to pick me up. Anything to distract myself from watching whatever she was watching was a good enough excuse and plus Gabriela looked really cute when she talked about her favorite shows excitedly making crazy hand gestures with her tiny hands.

''Ravens home!'' She exclaimed clapping her small hands, not taking her big eyes off the screen in front of her. I chuckled at her, shaking her head.

At least I was familiar with the original show 'That's So Raven' I just wasn't a big fan of it myself. I was a Hannah Montana girl. 

''Libby?'' Gabriela's soft voice spoke up, I looked down at her eyes that matched Jackson's.