Chapter Forty-Two.Miss Me?

Edited.

Song for this chapter: Chantel Kreviazuk-Feels Like Home.

I had missed him more than the scorching sun, it had been one week. One week without his hugs or tight embrace and gentle kisses against my skin. It had only been one week, but one week too long without him.

I couldn't take it anymore.

I stared at myself in the steamed up mirror, my hair was drenched, my skin soaked but I smiled in glee at the reveal of the purple rim no longer apparent on my skin but now was simply but what looked like a bag under my eye from the lack of sleep I've been missing the past seven days.

I wanted to surprise him, he texted me this morning like he did every day with a simple 'Good morning, Lib. I love and miss you. Forever and always-Gray x'.

Just his simple good morning and goodnight texts were enough to keep myself motivated to not give up on my plan. I wasn't doing this for myself or just for him, I was doing this for us. And maybe one day I might regret it but as of now, I don't.

It was now Monday, Gabriela had already dressed herself and was waiting patiently, watching a Disney show downstairs as I quickly towel dried my hair and threw on the outfit I had planned out the night prior which was just something casual but comfortable and warm.

''Libby!'' Jackson yelled from behind the bathroom door nearly knocking the door right off its hinges. I rolled my eyes at his impatience, ''Don't make me knock this god damn door down, Libby. You're in there over an hour!''.

I huffed quickly grabbing my makeup bag knowing it was better not to risk my life and just do my makeup in the bedroom with the sucky lighting. 

He was just about to pound the door down again with his fist, obviously because he isn't a morning person but before he could I quickly opened the bathroom door, ''Don't get your panties in a twist, bro'' I chuckled sarcastically, briskly pushing past him and walking to Gabriela and I's shared room.

I marched down my stairs taking two steps at a time when I finished doing my makeup which was just a bit of concealer, mascara and filling in my brows a tad since they were naturally full. 

''You all set, Gab?'' I asked watching her bemusedly as she kicked her legs back and forth watching the channel I grew up watching but no longer recognised. 

She groaned, ''Five more minutes'' She begged, not once taking her big eyes off the TV screen in front of her. One of these days her eyes are going to fall right out of their sockets from watching that TV too much.

I sighed knowing that we had a daily schedule to stick to, ''You have three minutes, Gabriela'' I informed her as I walked into the kitchen to grab an apple.

I opened the fridge grabbing the biggest, juiciest green apple I seen first and slammed the fridge shut once I was happy with how firm it felt. I sat on the bar stool that overlooked to see outside my kitchen window with the view of the trees outside and the isolated winter road.

There were no longer any leaves on the trees, just white crisp branches. It was my second favourite time of the year, second to Fall and I couldn't help but smile at what the new year was going to bring.

No more school, no more tests, no stress.

Just life, love, and laughter.

Yeah, I couldn't wait much longer for those to come.

But with Grayson, it felt as if I already had all of that. And I did, but school was something always on the back of mind and graduating soon was going to change my whole life. A new adventure, for the both of us.