Chapter Twenty Eight.Crisp Air.

Edited

Song for this chapter: The Neighborhood-Sweater Weather.

The leaves of the trees stood tall in front of us were turning all shades of brown, red, yellow and orange. I could definitely say I felt a change in the weather since last week, it was Fall. Summer was now gone and honestly it was never really here to begin with. Here in this small town we never had a beach, the weather was as bipolar as me some days. Hot one day, as cold as ice the next. It was always unexpected, so you could say there definitely was a decline for inflatable pools the passed few months.

I had told him everything bar one and since then he hasn't spoken a word. I don't know if he's in a state of shock or if he just can't find the right words to say. But I know I wasn't going to be the first one to speak up, for no reason whats so ever other than the fact that I know he will speak when he come to grasps with everything and wraps his mind around that everything he thought he knew the passed few years wasn't the truth.

I knew how he felt.

I knew that when I was told everything about me and Blake's past and when I was told I had suffered a head injury due to a crash crash resulting in my fathers death I would have liked a shoulder to lean on and for someone to actually know what I had been through.

Grayson was my shoulder to lean on, he was my support mechanism. But he didn't get what I had been through. We both have been through so much, but never the same. I had lost my Father and he had lost his girlfriend. Those are two completely different type of loves.

And the only difference was that one of those people actually wanted to be on this earth longer.

The only real person who knew what I was going through and was able to walk in my shoes was Blake, I knew I needed him when I was told about everything that has changed my life forever. So I need to do what I would have wanted, I need to be there for Blake.

''Do you think you'll ever remember anything again?'' Blake asked. His voice was solemn, low, desperate for answers. He was fumbling with his fingers, but his face was straight forward daydreaming into the nothingness. 

Signs that a boy is stressed/anxious.

1. He's running his hands through his hair.

2. He's biting the skin on his thumb.

3. He's  fumbling with his fingers.

4. He's day dreaming into the nothingness also known as the sky.

Warning! If two or more of these occur, give the guy a comforting hug ,no matter how much he protests. He needs it.

Right now that's exactly what Blake needed. I stood myself up without saying a word, placing out my hand for Blake to take. He looked confused at first but complied and took my hand in his and pulled himself up.

''Whe-'' I cut him off and embraced him into a tight hug, my head leaning on his chest. Unlike Grayson, he didn't smell like pine trees and cotton but spices and vanilla. It was comforting, his smell felt like home.

He hugged me back leaning his head on the top of mine. ''You're not going to remember anything, are you?'' He admitted, sadly. I could tell he wanted me badly to just miraculously recover and remember everything in a quick flash like that's so Raven. But I wouldn't.

I wanted to remember too, I badly did and not just for Blake's sake. I wanted to be able to remember my life when it was average not how it is now. Sure I remember bits of my past but it isn't vivid and it takes someone actually talking about it for me to remember it clearly.