Chapter Forty-One.Lies, Lies,Lies.

Edited.

Song for this Chapter:Amber Run-Fickle Game.

A knitted blanket was thrown over my shoulders as I stared at the nothingness that was home. I felt the couch dip down from beside me before Blake sat down with a mug of hot chocolate in hand while I held on to the mug with a death grip.

''It feels great to be back here, Libby'' He spoke up, obviously sensing that I didn't want to talk about all things related to what just occurred roughly an hour ago. 

I nodded at him and took a sip of the piping hot, hot chocolate. I would have hissed at it burning me any other day, but not now when I was numb. Maybe not physically but mentally.

''Gray is going to be asking questions hearing about what happened to Hunter and noticing our disappearances. Maybe not mine but yours''.

 He looked at me pulling his lip between his teeth but I looked straight ahead of me watching the bare trees from the new coming Winter. The sky was pearly white, not one sign of blue in it, just white. It looked empty like how exactly I was feeling in this moment in time.

''He's going to put the pieces together''.

I turned around to face him and sighed. He had a point, if anyone could read me like an open book, Grayson could. He would eventually start asking questions about me ditching school just as Hunter is left with a battered face in the janitors hall.

Yeah, totally not suspicious.

He would know straight away that Hunter came in my path one way or another.

''That's why we need to make sure he doesn't''.

He furrowed he brows before straightening his face and shaking his head, ''Libby, you know this isn't the right way to go about this''.

''I know'' I sighed, it probably wasn't but there was a possibility it was and it was something I was willing to risk.

That's what you do for the people you love, you risk losing your happiness for theirs.

''But there's a string of hope that I can't let go of that is telling me that this is the right thing to do, Blake. I made my mind up''.

He looked down not agreeing with my words, he wanted me to be open with Grayson. I know Grayson would want me to be open with him, to tell him the truth. But I just...couldn't.

I knew the wrath of anger that would come to Gray if I told him about Hunter almost assaulting me. He's been through enough, both with me and with his own personal issues.

I couldn't bare to hurt him anymore and know I was the cause of it.

He was my brightest star and sometimes I felt like the sun, the sun that the stars didn't like because it took away their time from the moon. And sometimes I felt like the moon because I had the stars, Grayson was all of my brightest stars.

If I told him this, I would be the sun again and I couldn't do that to myself. 

I couldn't do that to him.

I wanted to be the moon for as long as I was alive.

And if this is what I had to do to make sure I was, then I was willing to risk my happiness for that.

He sighed rubbing his hands over his face, ''Are you sure?'' He asked uneasy, squinting one eye.

I nodded my head briefly, ''I've never been more sure of anything in my life, I can't hurt him again'' I painfully admitted.