Chapter Twenty Seven.Hideaway.

Edited.

Song for this chapter:Mikky Ekko-Smile. 

I was left standing outside my school completely alone, Grayson had drove off once I had assured him I was okay and I didn't need him to guide me inside like a Mother would with her child on their first day of school. Letting out a few breaths, the air was so cold and crisp and every breath I let out was apparent like misty smoke.

I don't know why I was so hesitant to just walk inside like I had every other normal school day. I guess it was just different today because for the first time I wouldn't be walking in with Hunter, diverting my eyes away from everyone I crossed paths with and I wasn't walking in with Grayson by my side as we were delved into conversation with one another and laughed about the most stupidest of things like one of his Dad jokes that were so bad that they were funny.

And I guess all of my anxiety and stress was just hitting me like a hammer at the thought of having to face Blake. It wasn't the thought of him himself that was making me anxious. It was the taught of breaking down any change of hope he had left that I would know we were best friends for so long. 

I didn't want to do that him.

But I had to.

I couldn't lie to him.

If it were one thing my Father taught me it was to never lie to someone, no matter how hard or bad it is. Always tell the truth, if you lie to them and they find out in the future it will only hurt you in the long run.

It isn't worth it.

Squeezing on the strap of my backpack that was thrown over my left shoulder I let out a small sigh and made my way into the dept of hell. Or school, whatever.

Unlike a few months ago, people actually smiled at me as I walked passed them. I returned all of their smiles. Something so simple as a small smile can really swift your mood, it can make your bad day good. That's all it took for my anxiety at a solid nine to drop to a six.

To know not everyone in the school has it out for you, or to know every guy isn't scared to look me in the eyes is refreshing, uplifting. No words can describe it. But I knew I had Grayson to thank for that. 

He was my brightness, my smile at the end of the darkened corridor, my love and most importantly, my freedom.

I made my way to my locker not yet bumping corners with Blake or Becca and the three blondes. It eased a bit of tension in me, I don't think I was quite ready to face anyone just yet. I hadn't had my whole speech for Blake planned in my mind.

Classes went by painfully slow, mostly because I was thinking of what to say to Blake the whole time. Miss.Chilly as Grayson calls her, called me out for daydreaming not once but twice. I'm surprised she didn't kick me out. Her nickname was Miss.Chilly for a reason. She couldn't contain her temper and anytime she yelled her face would go deep red and since she was so small it just made the whole class laugh more and resulted in her getting even madder.

I really don't understand why someone would want to be a teacher.

Putting away all of my unneeded books into my locker, I almost jumped a mile at the sound of a deep voice coming from behind me. And it wasn't Grayson and thankfully it wasn't Hunter.

It was Blake.

''Have you been avoiding me, Libby?''He questioned with a quizzically look upon his face. 

I closed my locker door shut slowly, my eyes looking down as I strung my backpack over my shoulders. ''Me? No'' I laughed, it was fake. Anyone would be dumb not to know that. ''Why would you think that?'' I nervously punched his shoulder, a fake but nervous smile playing on my lips.