(6) Georgia

"Are you sure? I seriously don't want any trouble out of this." I asked Negan as he hit the side of the truck, signaling they could leave.
      "Seriously, I don't think this is a big deal. You should get back to your group, and it'd also be one less mouth to fuckin' feed." He joked as he watched the truck pull out of the Sanctuary, starting its journey for Georgia.
        "Can I ask you a dumb question?"
          "Depends, what do you think is a dumb question?"
     "Why are you doing all of this for me?"
         "Because it's the right thing to do."
    "Well I'm sorry to say that you don't seem like the type."
        "We'll talk about that later."

--
   I walked past a group of women and men, all staring at me.
    "What?" I said rudely, making one of the women laugh. 
       "You really think Negan sent those men out to find your people?"
     "What else would they do?"
        "If they find your group, you better hope they don't kill them."
  I walked away, heading up the stairs that would lead to Negan's.
       "Is it true?" I asked as I stormed through the door, interrupting him and Dwight.
       "Woah. Hold your fucking horses. What makes you think you can just storm in here like a bat out of hell? God damn." He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "What? Is what true?"
     "Your men, are they going to kill my people?"
         "And who the fuck gave you that idea? One of my fucking men?"
      "Nevermind. I'm sorry I interrupted." I stammered out. Before I could turn and leave, a blonde woman appeared, knocking on the already open door.
      "Negan, it appears one of your wives broke your number one rule."
        "Which one?"
     "Hanna."
        "Dwight, go fetch Hanna and Kaleb. Alice, why don't you follow me? You won't want to miss this."
     Negan draped an arm around me and led me to a huge room.
       "Kaleb, I'm sure you know the rules. It's time to face the fucking consequences. D?"

Dwight put on a pair of gloves and began heating an iron. What is he about to do? The black metal was now bright orange, the same color as the flames that had swallowed Hershel's barn whole.
      "Hanna, you watch this."
  He pressed the hot metal to the man's cheek. His blood curdling screams were cut off when he passed out. Negan looked at me and grinned, handing the iron back to Dwight.
   "What the fuck Negan?" I held my mouth and ran outside, emptying the contents of my stomach onto the concrete.
      "Jesus Christ. That made you vomit?" Dwight chuckled as he patted my back. "Welcome to the Sanctuary. I promise that won't be the grossest thing you've ever seen happen here."
      "What do you mean?"
   "There's rules here. Different consequences per broken rule."
     "What are his rules?"
   "One you'll get killed over is rape. Negan might be a cold bastard but he won't stand for that. Then comes stealing, lying, and cheating on him."
      "Why does he have wives?"
        "They're just a booty call, something warm to cuddle when he gets lonely."
        The thought of everything about this place made me feel sick to my stomach. This man is insane.

--
   "Negan, I want to leave."
     "Well shit, slow down. Why do you want to leave? Is it the whole iron thing?"
      "No. I appreciate you taking me in and everything but I need to find my brother or Rick."
      "Well, how about this, we'll wait for my men to get back, see if they found your people, then you can leave. Until then, have a seat. Let's chat."
      "What could you possibly want to talk about?"
        "Just take a damn seat." Once I was seated, he continued. "You asked why I sent my men out. I'm going to tell you why."
    "Okay." He stood up and told me to stand up as well.
     "It's because I want–" He started walking towards me, and I froze. He pushed me against the wall and put my arms above my head. "I want you to be one of my wives." He whispered in my ear, his hot breath making me shudder.
  I pushed him off of me and stormed out, heading towards Dwight's room.

   I really don't know if I want to continue this, not many people are reading or voting, which makes me lose motivation. I have big plans for this story and I want everyone to enjoy it. So, if you're reading this, leave feedback, is there something I should change? Should I abandon the story all together?
- Megan