(11) The L Word

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" He asked, leaning against the doorway.
"I just want to sleep. Please."
"Okay Alice. I'll be back soon."
The door shut and I sighed, rolling back over and bundling up into the blanket. I felt ill, like at any moment last nights dinner would be on the carpet. My stomach ached, I had no idea what was wrong. Did I eat something I shouldn't have? I groaned and sat up and held my throbbing head. I picked up the walkie talkie and barely managed to ask for Dwight. A few minutes passed and I could hear the sound of his heavy boots echoing off the floor.
"You look awful."
"Yeah, thanks Dwight." I said sarcastically.
"What do you need?"
"Can you go down the hall and get me some kind of medicine? Anything please."
"Is this an order?"
"Dammit Dwight, please?"
"Don't move. God forbid something happen to you while the boss man is gone."
I laid back down and sighed. I began rubbing my temples, trying to relieve the pain striking through my head.
"Here, a couple ibuprofen. Doc wants to know if you need him."
"No, I'm okay." Dwight filled a cup with water and handed it to me.
    "Thank you. How's your cheek?"
"Hurts like hell." He looked down at the carpet, ashamed.
    "I'm sorry. I was just trying to keep conversation. Who was that man you ran into?"
      "I don't know, some redneck." Daryl?
      "Oh. You can go now if you want."
  "Alright. I'll see you around Alice."
     I fell back asleep and woke up to an alarm blaring. I groaned and pulled myself off the bed and slipped my coat on. I didn't bother messing with my knotted hair, it would be pointless anyway.
     "What's going on?"
  "Someone attacked one of our outposts."
     "Really? Who?"
  "We have no idea." I started walking down the corridor, clutching onto the concrete walls, trying to find Negan.

Rick
   I stood and admired the room full of weapons.
     "We need these." I said, looking around at them.
      "Are you sure there's enough time?" Michonne yelled over the blaring alarm.
      "Guys." Glenn held up a pistol and his hands were shaking.
       "What?"
  "Look." We all looked down at the handle of the gun. On the metal was a carving of a letter A.
    "Alice? Why is she with these guys?"
   A gun went off and we turned our heads to see Jesus. 
     "I was going to tell you after we took out the outpost."
     "You kept this from us?" Daryl snapped, stepping towards Jesus. I pushed him back and locked eyes with him. 
   "Was she here? Did anyone see her?"
     "No." Everyone said, looking around to confirm each other.
  "We have to find her."

Alice
    I coughed and groaned as I headed towards the stairs, calling out for Negan.
      "Negan, where are you?!" I yelled, holding my aching stomach. I began to feel lightheaded, everything was spinning and sounded far away, like I was losing my hearing. All I remember after is hitting the concrete floor.

Negan
   "Alice!" I yelled through the corridor, getting more agitated as each second passed.
     "Dwight, has anyone seen Alice?"
   "No sir. She's not in any of the trucks. Did you check her room?"
     "Of course I fucking checked her room. She's not there." I started squeezing the walkie talkie, I felt so angry and I couldn't explain why. It was a different feeling, I've never experienced it in this new world. I started walking down another corridor when I saw the body of someone laying on the ground. I rolled the body over and saw that it was Alice, blood was streaming down her face. I grunted as I picked her up and started carrying her towards the doctor. My eyes were burning as I walked, I didn't dare cry, especially in front of any of my men.
     "What happened?" The doctor asked, slipping on a pair of gloves.
    "How the fuck should I know? I'm not a damn doctor." He rolled his eyes and put a mask over her nose and mouth.
     "Go." He said softly. I didn't bother to budge, I didn't want to leave her. "She'll be fine." I knew he was a good doctor and was capable of helping her, I just didn't want something to happen to her while I was gone.
     "Tell her I'll be back." I said, starting to turn away from her.
      "Why don't you tell her? I'll give you a quick moment." He stepped out of the room and a huge weight rose on my chest.
     "Uh, don't die. I don't want you to, I actually think I love you. Like really love you. Shit, I don't know. I'm not good with these kind of things." I ran my finger through my hair and sighed. "Just, please don't die while I'm gone." I opened the door and began heading towards the truck, grabbing Lucille from where I left her. Someone attacked my post, and they're not going to get away with it.

  I know this is short, but I'm slightly more motivated today :) Let me know if you think you know what's wrong with Alice, it's something I planned to do from the beginning, it'll really get the plot going. :)