(8) The Wives

"Alice, what are we doing?" Negan asked, sitting up on the bed and scratching his head.
"What's it look like?" I asked as I pulled my shirt over my head, readjusting the sleeves and reaching for my jeans.
"Yeah, but what is this? The fourth or fifth time we've done this?"
"Yeah, and?"
"And, fuck. Nevermind, just fucking forget it."
I buttoned my jeans and slid on my jacket and walked out of Negan's room, all his wives practically broke their neck to watch me walk out. I scoffed and walked by one of the women, our shoulders colliding, making her stumble backwards a little.
"Watch where your going." I snapped at her, making her jump.

--
Rick
I admired the painted letter on the side of the church. It was just like the one on the RV. I knew it was Alice, she had been leaving her initial every couple of miles, leading us towards her.
    "She's gotta be with those men that stopped Beth and I." Daryl mumbled as we started walking down the gravel road.
      "Who were they?"
  "I don't know. A couple of scrawny boys asked if we knew who Alice was."
      "Did they say where they were from?"
      "Some part of Virginia, can't remember the name."

Alice
   I sat on the steps with a cigarette in my hand, looking out into the dark night.
    "It's pretty late, why are you still awake?"
      "Just couldn't sleep."
   "Are you still not over your old group?"
    "Of course not." I took a drag and blew out the smoke, watching it disappear into the darkness.
       "Well, Negan sent me out here to look for you."
     "He did?"
  "Yeah." Dwight got up and walked back inside. I flicked the cigarette and stumbled over something, I looked down and saw that it was a walkie talkie. I turned it off and shoved it into my jacket and walked back inside, heading towards my room.

--
    "What will it take? Huh, anything you want."
      "Anything I want?"
   "Yes. Just say the words." Negan leaned back into the chair, crossing his arms.
    "Okay. I want you to get rid of all your wives. I want just as much authority as you have, and I want to be able to go on supply runs."
       "Are you shitting me? Give up my wives for just you? Darlin', you're hot and all, but you're not that hot." He chuckled and stood up, returning to whatever he had been doing the past couple of hours.
      "Okay." I got up and walked out, passing by the wives, their eyes glued to me as I walked by them.

  -  One Month Later
    "Simon, Dwight, Alice, you're leading this supply run, you determine what is half, and what we want." Negan said, leaning over the rails of the balcony.
      "Why's Alice in charge? She's not one of us."
        "Just for that, you're not going."
  "God dammit." The man muttered, walking away.

--
   "Ah Alice! Wonderful to see you again." Gregory put his hand on my back and led me inside an office.
    "I thought Negan might like this." He pulled out of bottle of scotch and smiled, pleased with his offer.
      "Yeah, I'm sure he'll appreciate it. Go find Simon and give it to him." I walked out, catching eyes with Jesus. He motioned towards the end of the hall and I gave a slight nod.
       "I'll be back." I said to Simon as I began climbing the stairs.

  "You got it?" I pulled out the walkie talkie and he clapped his hands together.
    "I have a lead on your group." He pulled out a map and sprawled it out on the wooden desk. "Last I saw one of the ones who matched the description you gave me was here, south of Alexandria. I saw the Korean and his girlfriend. I tried to approach them but they shot at me."
     "Doesn't sound like them. Are you sure it was them?"  
      "I'm positive."
   "Okay. Thank you."
     "If I find them again, what do you want me to say to them?"
      "Tell them I'm with the saviors."
  Jesus nodded and started folding up the map, as Simon walked in.
      "What are you two doing?"
   "I was just showing Alice some places we were scouting for supplies at, in case Negan would be interested in something like that." Simon nodded and looked around the room.
   "Carry on." He left the room, making a huge weight be lifted from our chests.
    "I should get back."
"Okay."

--
    "Alice! Simon here tells me you arranged a deal with one of the members of The Hilltop."
   Fuck, he knows.
"Yeah I did."
    "Half of whatever is at those buildings, I tell you, that's a good call."
     "Thanks."
   "Come find me later."
"Okay."

--
   "I thought about your proposition. You can have as much authority as me, and you can go on any supply runs you want."
     "What about the wives?"
  "I'm keeping the wives."
    "Fine."
     "Seriously? You'll do it?"
  "Yeah, but one more condition."
    "What will it be?"
      "I want a ring."

  Sorry this is shorter than the other parts, I haven't felt very motivated or inspired lately, but thank you for taking the time to read it. Thank you MicaelinMarie 💕