Chapter Six

Two days passed and Baekhyun's still gaining his energy on his medical room. Other than Chen, Xiumin, Kai, and Sehun, no one dared to pay him a visit anymore. It saddened Baekhyun that Chanyeol never showed up once again. He always ask himself if he really did went overboard last time they have talked.

"Are you still mad at me?" He asked in a low and reconciling voice. "I swear, I didn't meant to shout on you like that. It's just. . . Uhm how do I say this? It's just that I feel like exploding that time and I'm sorry! I'm sorry for pouring my whimpers on you!"

Chen tsk-ed. Placing the bowl of porridge Xiumin prepared for the sick puppy beside him. "Quit saying sorry, okay? Let's just forget about that."

"You know I can't stop myself from letting guilt consume me knowing that I've hurt someone that I love truly, right?" Baekhyun puppy-eyed. "I promise! I'll take you out on a date once I've got my first salary!"

Chen rolled his eyes heavenly. "How big is that salary though? You haven't even worked hard for it and you're here, promising this and that the moment you receive your salary."

Baekhyun pouted, taking a slice of apple prepared on the bedside table. "But still! I'm generous when it comes to myㅡ"

"ㅡyada, yada, yada," Baekhyun was caught off guard with Chen's bitchiness. He acted like on the verge of crying and Chen bought it. "Fine, I'm forgiving you."

"Really?" His eyes sparkled in excitement.

Chen nodded. "Only if you promise me one thing."

"And that is?"

"Try your best not to pry on Chanyeol's life anymore. You're my best friend, Baek," he squeezed Baekhyun's hands. "I love you like you're a brother that came from the same womb where I came out but I don't want to hear people gossiping about how you wrecked someone's engagement."

"Do you think I'm capable of doing that?"

"It's not impossible. Seeing how deep is your love for your ex-husband despite of his engagement with your supervisor," Chen shook his head. "You know I don't hit people physically but I'm willing to try it firsthand when I hear them judging you."

". . . ."

"Answer me, Byun."

". . . ."

"Ugh!" Chen groaned seeing his best friend looking at him with too much confusion on his eyes. "I'm doing this for you."

"But I still love him. . ."

"I don't understand. If you still love him then why did you fucking agreed on and signed the annulment papers when he presented it to you?" Chen asked, tugging his hair in annoyance.

"I was caught off guard."

-

-

"Sehun hyung! Sehun hyung!" A guy was running his life into Sehun's pace when he tripped his own. "Ouch!"

"What is it, Chenle?" Sehun asked cooly, taking off his earplugs while helping the younger one to get up from the grassy surface.