Chapter Thirty Two

It was Kai and Kyungsoo who first arrived on the said meeting place. Kai knew that the older one is nervous upon doing this thing but he wanted him to forgive himself already. He knows what he did to Baekhyun was not the right thing to do but Kai also understands how did Kyungsoo ended up doing the cruel thing to the most harmless person in the world. Baekhyun has Sehun, Xiumin, Chen, and Chanyeol with him so Kai opted to stay beside Kyungsoo's side because he knows the latter one doesn't have anyone to depend with aside from him. He already talked to Baekhyun that he's staying by Kyungsoo's side because he already have so many people around him while Kyungsoo has none. Being the purest person existing, Baekhyun just nodded and told Kai to take care of Kyungsoo, don't leave him because he needs someone right now, and the such.

"Stop," Kai held firmly yet gently the hand that's been tapping the table since they arrived at Dudu Café.

"Kai. . ." Kyungsoo murmured and the nervousness he has with him inside was visible on the way how his voice sounded.

For the past weeks that Kai was with him, he made him realized and trust him that he's not staying with him just to get some informations and tell Baekhyun about it. It was hard on Kai's side making Kyungsoo believe on him but when he did? Everything was all worth it. Kyungsoo learned to listen to his words. Also, he started opening himself up to the younger one without the fear of getting spied at all. Kai was the only acquaintance Kyungsoo has and for a moment, he felt like slowly being dependent on him, wanting to keep him by his side always.

"He's still the same Sehun we know. Maybe he changed a bit but not that much, hyung."

Aside from loosening up, Kyungsoo already has broken the unseen barrier he has built against anyone connected to Baekhyun but still, it's only Kai who can make him question his decisions. It was only Kai's words which can dig deeper into his mind and heart. The younger one helped him to slowly recover from the pain he suffered before. He wasn't fully healed yet but Kai contributed a lot on encouraging him to keep moving forward and prevent himself from staying in the past that can't never be changed anymore.

"But what if he's. . ." Kyungsoo trailed off, he took his eyewear off and closed his eyes. "Mad at me?"

"Hyung, just make him understand your side like what you did to me, okay? If he still can't forgive you for what you did, then let him be. The most important thing is that you're sorry for what you did. Trust me, it will lift you up somehow," Kai made Kyungsoo open his eyes by poking his cheeks. "Hyung, but like what I always tell you, you already made it up to me, and now to Sehun, I hope soon, you'll make up with Xiumin and Chen hyung, too. They deserve to hear your explanation and how you're sorry for doing that to Baekhyun hyung."

"Someday, Kai. But not now. I still have more important things to do than that."

Kai nodded in accord. "And lastly? Talk to Baekhyun hyung. He's a great guy. He will understand and forgive you. I'm sure with that. He's like the purest and kindest person I've ever met. I'm not saying this for you to feel jealous or insecure of him again, okay? Hyung. . . You're different from Baekhyun hyung. Don't feel sorry for being you. What's my point here is that, you don't have to fear Baekhyun hyung's reaction after asking for apology. Of all people you owe an explanation and an apology? It was him the most harmless and easiest to talk with even though he was the one who was hurt the most by your doings."

It took Kai days to push through Kyungsoo to set up a meeting with Sehun. Kyungsoo's ashamed of what he did to the point that he doesn't have the balls to face the people whom he owe an apology. Kai did changed him into someone he never expected he's possible of being one. Kai surely did took a big role in his story even if it's just for a matter of time.