Chapter Twelve

"Where are you?" Baekhyun stopped on the middle of his steps when he heard Chanyeol's voice and the giant's definitely not talking to him. "You're with Kai? Oh okay. Sure. Be home before it gets dark, okay? Bye. Love you."

Baekhyun sighed. How idiotic of him to think that Chanyeol will choose him over Kyungsoo after what happened to them? Sometimes, he hates his impulse very much. It's always leading him to more disappointments.

"What are you doing there?" Baekhyun was pulled out of the trance when Chanyeol scooped the small of his waist. "You're spacing out."

"I'm just tired," Baekhyun explained, feeling a bit awkward of the situation. "Is it okay if I will go home tonight?"

Chanyeol nodded. "I have to go back to the pent house too," he scratched the back of his nape. "How do I say this?"

Baekhyun waved him off. "What happened today between the two of us stays here in the four corners of this unit."

"Baekhyun. . ."

Baekhyun forced a smile. "We live in reality, not in fantasy. We have to get back into life, Chanyeol. You belong with Kyungsoo, while I belong to no one," pulling out an envelope on the back pocket of his pants, he handed it to Chanyeol. "I'm so sorry if this is so sudden but it will be the best for us. I should've listened to Chen before. I should've not interfered with your life anymore. Please tell Kyungsoo my apologies and I'll take care of Sehun and Kai."

Chanyeol, still puzzled because of Baekhyun's sudden monologue returned the envelope on the midget's hand. "What are you saying?"

And the tears that Baekhyun has been trying to prevent from falling down automatically came out of his eyes. "I'm quitting my job in your company, Chanyeol."

"What?!"

Baekhyun handed Chanyeol the envelope once again and made sure that the president won't return it back to him again. "It's okay. I already accepted defeat, Chanyeol. That thing should've been done long enough but I'm really hopeless for believing that we'll still be able to rebuild our gone relationship with what happened between the two of us," he wiped the tears that's been hindering him from having a clear glance of his ex-husband. "Don't worry, I'll try my best not to bump ways with you."

"Baekhyun, you know how Sehun and Kai grew fond ofㅡ"

"ㅡI know that. In fact, that's one factor as why I find it hard quittingㅡ"

"ㅡthen don't quit!" Chanyeol slammed the table next to him. "You're good at that! Running away!"

"But this time, I'm running away because I can't have you anymore."

Chanyeol crumpled the envelope on his hands and took a tight grip of his hair. "Baekhyun, I swear! If this is one of yourㅡ"

"ㅡI'm not joking, Chanyeol," he glared. With one last nod, he took his things with him and left Chanyeol inside his own unit, completely lost of what's happening around him.

-

-

"Are you really sure about this, Baekhyun?" Chen asked, pacing back and fort of his best friend's room. "I know I was the one who told you to quit your job but I don't remember telling you to stay away from us. For Pete's sake! You just came back from pit of hell. I can't live everyday knowing that you're living in misery once again."