Chapter Twenty Five

The moment Kai left the Himalayan house was the same time Kyungsoo felt lonely once again. He can't understand his state right now. It feels like he's having a separation anxiety towards Kai. He feels like he doesn't want to let Kai go out of his house. But this time, Kyungsoo doesn't want to be selfish anymore.

Not long ago, the doorbell rang and knowing the fact that the guard on duty was still on his break since it's already a new day and lunch time, Kyungsoo walked himself and saw the last person he's expecting that will make an appearance anytime soon here in his house.

"Kyungsoo," the sadness on the other person's voice lingered through Kyungsoo's spines. His legs wobbled upon seeing how devastated the other person looks like. It seems like he hasn't had any decent sleep yet. The bags under his eyes were dark and he didn't even took an effort combing his nest hair. "Can I?" He asked, motioning to the locked gate.

Kyungsoo shook his head, still frozen on his spot. "What are you doing here. . . Mr. Park?"

Chanyeol closed his eyes briefly, feeling that his vision's swirled for a moment. "Let me explain."

Scoffing, Kyungsoo balled his fist. "What for? The damage's has been done already."

"Kyungsoo, please. Let me enter and I'll explain everythingㅡ"

"ㅡno no," he consecutively shook his head. "Maybe next week, I'll file a resignation letter already. We're better off strangers again, Chanyeol."

"Kyungsoo, don't do this to me. You're making it hard for me," Chanyeol murmured. The fact that Kyungsoo's hurting face was hunting him every night, he mustered all the strength he has with him and showed on his ex-fiancé's house.

"Don't you think it's not hard in my part, Chanyeol? I feel like I'm being toyed the wholeㅡ"

"ㅡI already know that you know the fact that Baekhyun's my ex-husband even before he entered Development Academy of Korea. Won't you think my staffs won't tell me about it? You did forgot that you hired Hyunsik to do an investigation about my past. He's my cousin, Kyungsoo. He's bound to tell me everythingㅡ"

"ㅡwere you here just to mock me?" Kyungsoo folded his arms right on his chest. "If you say so, then please do me a favor and leave while I'm still asking nicely."

"No. I want everything to be settled already."

"We have nothing to settle, Chanyeol. What's done's done. You're engaged again to Baekhyun while I'm here, trying to be fine after being left knowing that the wedding is just around the corner. You don't have to feel bad about me. You don't have to feel hard towards what happened to us. Just. . . Don't talk to me again."

"Kyungsoo, are you really cutting ties because of this?"

Kyungsoo chuckled bitterly. "This? You think what happened to our engagement is just a simple thing that's easily to be forgotten? Heck, no. Chanyeol, you don't know how it feels like to be left alone because it's always you, the one running away from your problems and responsibilities. The moment I knew what happened to your marriage with Baekhyun, I honestly felt scared. What if the same thing will happen to us? I felt pity towards Baekhyun because it's unbearable to be left alone. Funny because we weren't married yet but you already left me hanging."

"Kyungsoo. . ." Chanyeol pleaded. "Let me explain."

"You don't have to."