Chapter Twenty Seven

"Mr. Byun? You're next," the receptionist called.

Baekhyun, however, followed the path that the receptionist's going through. He finally decided to seek for another job and today, he's scheduled for a final interview in House of Taeyeon. With shaky and nervous hands, he gulped, before coming inside the room of the interviewer.

"Ms. Kim?" The girl sitting on the swivel chair turned around and smiled at the receptionist. She has a long blonde hair that almost reached her waistline while she's on her glamorous pink dress that's perfectly hugging her slim figure. It never passed Baekhyun's vision how the said girl nodded at her quickly. "This is Mr. Byun Baekhyun," she introduced and lightly pushed Baekhyun in front. "I'll leave him here now," and then she left.

The said Ms. Kim briefly looked at Baekhyun before scanning the folder on her desk. It was Baekhyun's portfolio. When Taeyeon glanced up, Baekhyun felt like his stomach turning upside down so he smiled, he hopes it never turned out fake.

"H-hi?" He awkwardly waved a little.

Taeyeon nodded and motioned Baekhyun to sit on one of the chairs in front of her. "Byun Baekhyun. Sounds familiar to me."

"Would you mind if I'll ask why?" Baekhyun tried calming himself by holding his fingers shut.

"You don't have to be fidgety," . Taeyeon and she smiled warmly to the applicant in front. "Well, I think I've heard your name somewhere else. Let me think of it."

". . ."

Taeyeon looked at Baekhyun and that made Baekhyun flinch a bit. The interviewer is eyeing him like she can read his mind. "Ah. Chanyeol? Park Chanyeol. Owner of Development Academy of Korea. Are you related to him in any instances?"

Baekhyun was caught off-guard. He doesn't know what were the right words to tell. So he opted to answer the question with the safest answer he can think of. "He's my ex-husband."

"I see," Taeyeon smirked. "That's why you're familiar to me. You were his long-time boyfriend way back university years, right?" Baekhyun sheepishly nodded and he felt his cheeks instantly blushed. Taeyeon extended a hand to Baekhyun which the latter one accepted it without hesitation. "I am Kim Taeyeon, Chanyeol's best friend."

Shock was written all over Baekhyun's face. Sure, he knew that his ex-husband and future husband once again has many friends because he's a social butterfly but the giant never mentioned anything about Ms. Kim, or Baekhyun shall say, Taeyeon? "R-really?" He stuttered. How was he supposed to react? "He never mentioned about you before."

And that made Taeyeon chuckle. "I understand. I was his secret best friend. He hid me to everyone because you know how famous your ex-husband is back then, right? People will hate whoever will be associated with him. But Baekhyun, you're an exception. Even though they envy you, they never hated nor tried touching you physically. I guess I was wrong for hating you. I was like Why people accepted you with all their hearts but doesn't want me to be with Chanyeol? I was just his best friend, but your case's different. Maybe because they thought I'm into Chanyeol," she faked a hurt. "That's just simply gross," Baekhyun's mouth was left wide open. He suddenly feels like he still doesn't know Chanyeol fully. "And, Chanyeol's the biggest jerk I have ever known."

Baekhyun entered House of Taeyeon with his nervous self because he was expecting a bloody interview with the person assigned to interview him. But guess what? It's far from what he's expecting. He wanted a new job to busy and stop himself from thinking about Chanyeol but it seems like Chanyeol will never let him really go. Chanyeol's everywhere to remind him and it's still hurting him that Chanyeol ditched him for Kyungsoo.