Chapter Seventeen

"A leave for one week? Okay then," Kyungsoo signed the papers without asking further questions. The moment he received the paper, it took him almost two minutes before writing his signature above his printed name. "You two can leave now."

"Hyung just that?" Kai asked, the ever persistent younger employee inside Development Academy of Korea. "You won't even ask us who are we going with in this vacation?"

Kyungsoo arched his eyebrows and leaned on his office chair. "Why would I? Meddling with someone's business is not my job description, Mr. Kim."

"Kai, let's go," Sehun pulled his best friend but Kai remained on his place. "Kai. . ."

"Hyung why are you shutting us out of your life? Did we do something against your will?" He asked, on the verge of crying.

"Nothing, I think," Kyungsoo pays no mind on the two and continued on doing his work so that he can leave early as he can. "If you two don't mind, I want peace and you two are seriously hindering it. Go wherever you want. I don't care."

"Kai, let's go Sehun initiated once again but his best friend dodge. "Kai, can't you see? He doesn't want us anymore. Just let's go."

"No, Sehun," Kai said abruptly. "I don't think it's necessary to shut your friends out of your life when your fiancé called your engagement off."

"Kai, stop. You're stepping on the boarder lines!"

But Kai didn't listened to Sehun. Instead, he grabbed Kyungsoo by his collar. "What is wrong with you?! I can't understand you anymore! If you'll wash us out of your life then at least give us some decent reasons why are you doing so! We're you friends! We deserve explanation as to why are you treating us like this!"

Kyungsoo just smirked on the younger one, not minding on releasing himself from the tight grip. "You don't stab your friends on his back, Kai. You don't."

"What are you saying?!" Kai was furious and it will be seen on how his eyes were burning with anger towards Kyungsoo. "I can't remember stabbing you behind your back, Kyungsoo hyung!"

Before Kai could even go furthermore hysteric, Kyungsoo already pushed the intercom and called the guard on duty. He told him to get the two employees out of his room as soon as he can. With that told, the guard quickly barged inside the office and pulled Sehun and Kai away from his boss. Kyungsoo did his messy collar and recomposed himself once again before resuming on his work. He was expecting that Kai will once explode but he wasn't expecting that it will happen soon. He never thought that Kai will treasure his friendship with him as much as Sehun treasures his friendship with Kyungsoo and it slightly hurt him that the person whom he thought the one will be affected most with the current situation is the one who's calm and laid back while Kai is being furious and Kyungsoo is being another version of himself.

Later the afternoon, Chanyeol picked the two younger employees on their respective houses. Sehun was the first one whom he fetched first while it took them some time before they left Kai's house since his nieceㅡRaeheeㅡwanted to go with him. Kai has to bribe Raehee first with some sweets Chanyeol bought on the trunk of his pick-up. Good thing the president was prepared so they were able to leave Kai's house without further much ado.

"You didn't told me you have a cute niece out there, Kai," the president started a conversation while Sehun was connecting his iPhone on the jock for the music. "Remind me to buy some treats for her before you two came back to work."