Chapter Twenty Six

"I'm not letting you out of this house. Not until Chanyeol fetch you. It's already midnight, Baek! Go get some rest!" Chen shouted in frustration because it's already the fifth time Baekhyun knocked on their room's door, asking for permission to visit Kyungsoo in the hospital, but honestly speaking? He just wanted to talk with Chanyeol, it's just an excuse to be permitted of leave.

"Chen. . ." Baekhyun sighed in exasperation. "Chanyeol won't fetch me. Could you please drop me over instead?"

Chen shook his head and attempted on closing the door but Baekhyun clungs an arm. "Baek, seriously? I know you. You're a brother from another mother. I know you well that you wanted to come at the hospital because of Chanyeol, not Kyungsoo. You can't fool me."

"You can't blame me," Baekhyun ducks his head down and pouted. "I feel like Chanyeol's gonna drift away again once he will be associated with Kyungsoo for the second time around."

"Then let him," Chen sighed. "Baek, if he truly wanted to be with you again, you will be his top priority. He will never let you feel this again. I think Chanyeol's still not over Kyungsoo but wanted to be with you again. He's still fixing himself. Let him be first. If you two will be ending up on the altar again, fate will work for the both of you. For now, let him do whatever he wanted to do. Do not lock him or else he'll slip away from you again."

Baekhyun bit his lower lip trying to prevent his tears from falling down. He hates how Chen's words strike him like a truck. "Chen. . ."

"Come here," Chen pulled Baekhyun for a hug, soothing his back, Baekhyun didn't cried but he did sighed many times already. "I'm not concluding things, Baek. But for now, what I see is that, Chanyeol wanted to fix everything towards Kyungsoo. We don't know what may happen next but the best thing to do right now is for you to wait for Chanyeol's return to you."

"What if he won't return to me anymore?" Just by the mere thought of starting his life once again without Chanyeol is enough reason to make Baekhyun's heart stop beating. He can't see himself falling in love deeply and truly to any other person aside from Chanyeol.

"Then maybe you have to accept the truth that Chanyeol is just a character in your story. He's not the other lead character whom the author of your life destined to be yours," Chen patted Baekhyun's shoulders. "But even if the author can't give you yet your forever, I will always remain by your side. Even if people in your life will just come to challenge you, I'm the only character who will always be rooting for your happy ending and will wish all the best for you."

". . . ."

"Baek, I know it's hard, but think of it. You've managed to live your seventeen years of existence without Chanyeol. The next years were when Chanyeol gave rainbows and unicorns to your life. He may be a big part of your life but always remember that you have other people beside you to contribute happiness on it. Xiumin and I were one of them. You have your friends with you," Chen smiled sincerely on his friend. "For now, freed Chanyeol first."

"I can't do that," Baekhyun huffed in the air, trying to stop the droplets to fall off of his eyes. "But yeah. You're right. I have you and Xiumin with me. But you do understand that it's still better with Chanyeol, right?"

Chen nodded. "I'm not saying you should give up already. For now, you just have to give him time and space to think. Kyungsoo's role in his second life was no joke."

"I'm willing to be there for him ifㅡ"

"ㅡit's all done now. It happened already. Let just stop ourselves on questioning the happenings in the past. The most important thing to do is to focus on the present and the future, Baek."