Sweet and Sour

Your heart thumped at its bony cage as faint footsteps shuffled outside of the storage closet. Erratic breathing was masked by your sweaty palms as you made the desperate attempt to make yourself as small as possible in the crammed closet. A shaggy mop was jammed against the door frame in a weak attempt to cage yourself from the imminent danger stalking outside in the darkness. Roses wilted as the crinkly petals floated down into the vase water evaporating into the water and turning it a murky blood red. Tsukishima ran his thin fingers along the dusty countertops of the science classroom observing the wilting roses hidden in a secluded corner. He thumbed through the healthy petals observing each intricate vein zigzagging underneath the fragile skin. He thought of your skin before ripping the petals from the roses, and in the process knocking over the vase as he did so. The air grew heavy with the waft of three day old flower water as the red liquid oozed down the countertop onto the floor. 

"Sweet." Tsukishima murmured as he brought the petal to his lips. It left behind a crimson stain on his lips. 

Footsteps then shuffled to the far left of the classroom as the breath steaming through your nose grew restless and sporadic. You wanted to scream, but he would be crashing down the closet door before anyone else jerking you from your pathetic enclosure with a vile smirk plastered across his sinister expression. Tsukishima dragged a finger through the red liquid spilling further across the floor before writing "SOUR" on the closet door. It squeaked under the strong pressure of his finger streaking across the smooth surface. You forced yourself against the back wall of the closet as the doorknob clicked filling the air with a deafening silence.  The door flung open with such force that it collapsed on one of its hinges. Before your body could involuntarily shriek at the top of your lungs, Tsukishima somehow crammed himself in the small space to seal his lips with yours. Now tugging you upwards pressing your small body against the back wall, his tongue silenced any insignificant screams you had bubbling at the back of your throat. 

The same red stain painted your lips as Tsukishima pulled back for air as he wiped a tear away with his thumb leaving behind a red streak. As your tongue lapped over your throbbing bottom lip, you muttered "sweet" as you fully embraced the sour touch of wilted petals.