DfD 2

Hades watched her reaction, but it wasn’t changed. Perhaps she wasn’t afraid of him, her shoulders didn’t tighten or curl into themselves. And her lack of eye contact hadn’t changed either, but there was something about her he very much liked. Her spirit it glowed a bright blue, very hard to come by these days. Perhaps that is why the woman felt the need to protect the innocent child, against the less then shrewd Sirens. She didn’t possess that stunning flawless look that some mortals had, but there was defiantly something stunning about her.

He’d been looking for a long time for someone like her, someone who wouldn’t just back down without a little fight. Not too picky yet not a prude either, she had to be tender while still aggressive in some areas. Tapping his fingers she stood slightly looking at him, those greenish grey eyes held so much pain it twisted him a little. Could she fix someone else, if she was already too far broken to fix herself? There was really only one way to find out, a gambling man he was not, but he’d take a risk for a dear friend.

    “I have a proposal for you” Her eyes lifted a little, questioning him. But no reply came.
    “You’ll be allowed to stay in the castle, receive good treatment and even be able to go topside once in a while.” He’d give her the carrot first, before telling her what the deal was. Maybe that would spike her interest. Her brow rose, but nothing more.

Trinity waited for him to tell her the ‘but’ part of the deal, cause there was always a but part. She’d wondering if he thought she was stupid, because she was a human and not a god. Trinity smirked in her head, how foolish of him. She wouldn’t be baited for a few random things, not that she didn’t think they didn’t sound good. Just what did he want, her soul…ha too late.

    “All that I ask, is you mend a broken heart” Trinity twisted her face, till it hurt too much. Was he on something, surely there wasn’t any cops in the underworld. Mend a broken heart, how the hell was she supposed to do that. He caught her interest, seeming to read minds answered her.
    “He’s been through a lot, and could use a friend. That’s where you come in” Trinity held the snort in, yup defiantly on something. Folding her arms she cocked her head to the side, hoping her silence betrayed her answer to such a ridicules offer. It seemed to work.

    “Are you refusing?” Pushing out of the chair, he took a few steps to her. He smiled like the first whiff of a match being lit, its sulfur mild burnt smell worked for him. Raising her head since he stood so much taller, Trinity frowned thinking of the right words to say so she wouldn’t end up worse off.
    “I don’t believe, me befriending such a man will mend his heart” There that would work. Laughing deeply his voice seemed to travel around the large room, she shivered gulping her fear back.
    “My dear, you are exactly what he needs. I’ve seen it” His face had lowered at his ending words, looking her square in the eyes. Stunning as they were in a rich dark chocolate color, that reminded her of thick hot chocolate she looked away. Never look a creature with power in the eyes, it’s like a challenge or something like that.

Without a sound he was back sitting in his chair, smiling down at her. Chewing on her cheek, she tossed the idea back and forth. Surly there were rules and a time limit, he’d not wait forever….or would he.
    “What are the conditions?” His face brighten, which made him think he really was worried about this person.
    “You except then?” Almost convinced she’d say yes. Shaking her head no, she needed to know the whole contract.
    “I’m merely looking to see what is in store for me.” His eyes darkened a little, but in an inquisitive way.
    “Smart, I like it.” Leaning his head on a hand.
    “You’ll be living with him, eat your meals with him, and stay at his side. You’ll have all the time you need, as long as you make some progress along the way.” He shrugged a little, not really clarifying anything.
    “What if I can’t do it?” He huffed, nodding like he knew that was coming.
    “Then you will simply got back to the line, and await for the Charon to ferry you across the river” Must be the old boat guy. She’d gotten brave.
    “Where does the boat go?” He smiled.
    “You’ll have to wait and see” Well that didn’t clarify anything, damn god and their secrets. Scratching her head, she just had one more question.
    “Who is he?” Hades’s face smiled, looking like he could almost see the man she spoke of.
    “His name is Thanatos” She couldn’t contain it this time, the roar of laughter came out in waves clutching her stomach. Did he seriously want her to hang out with the god of Death, the man practically scream fear, rage and everything man feared. Hades didn’t seem amused in the least with her little outburst, if anything he was annoyed.
    “You’re kidding right?”
    “Far from it my dear” Clicking his tongue over his teeth, Trinity took that as a warning, like a rattler to a snake he wasn’t playing around.
    “Oh!” Rubbing her neck, things just got real, which was saying something. Huffing it wasn’t like she had anything better to do, and without knowing what was after the boat ride she couldn’t think of any other reason not to do it.
    “Okay” Nodding. Without warning she was suddenly pushed against a chest, his large frame almost eating her whole.
    “Splendid child, now let’s see if we can’t get you in better shape” Holding her shoulders, he moved one of his hands off her to swipe it around. Touching her head where the bullet had entered, was now gone along with all the blood over her clothes.
    “Better, you are no longer a shade. You are made of flesh, but since you are under my protection you have limited powers.” Blinking hard, did he just say powers?
    “Powers?” Tilting her head back, he was grinning like a child.
    “I believe the humans call it, a demigod” Shrugging at the terminology, he moved to the chair seeming pleased.

Tongue tied Trinity was just dying to know what kind of supernatural powers she was granted, fire, flying….mind control…god that would be cool. He once again seemed to read her wordless mouth, giving her all the answers she could hope for.
    “You’ll be able to teleport to anywhere, along with the easier things such as flick lights on and off, open portals, change outfits and hear other gods when they mind speak to you.” Hades watched her reaction, finding her to be somewhat entertaining. The woman had a little spunk, along with being smart to ask a few right questions. He just hoped it’d be enough to pull his longtime friend, out of his shell. Thanatos had been locked for a few centuries, due to the loss of a woman he cared deeply for.

He’d taken countless lives in such a short time, that the gods had decided to bind most of his powers. Shame had crept into his heart, causing the once willful man to keep to himself. He tucked himself away in his layer, never speaking more than a few words to Hades at a time. Mostly it was business talk, which shades needed to be moved, and other events like those. Not once had he talked to Hades about that faithful day, nor to anyone else for that matter.

Trinity so she was called seemed to have her own dark past, one that may not rival Thanatos’s but had some similarities. He’d purposely told her nothing about the end of the ferry ride, knowing it would push her closer to choosing to stay with his friend. Hades hadn’t been wrong in a long time, which he made known to his beloved Persephone. He was just hoping his long streak would hold up for this little gamble, he smiled darkly knowing Thanatos was going to be livid, but wouldn’t speak a word of it.

    “Come I’ll show you around, your new home” Cupping the small of her back, Trinity walked with the god. He showed her practically every room, which there were many before taking her down another hall.
    “Down here is where Thanatos lives” Showing her the not so extravagant hallway, it looked similar to the first place she was at. Trinity was almost pleased with the fact that she’d taken a class in Greek mythology, at least now she had some clue as to who these gods were. Wouldn’t that have been awkward, not knowing who the god of Death was? She shuttered at the thought. Hades stopped suddenly looking deep in thought, sighing he gave her a weak smile.
    “Forgive my dear, it seems I am needed elsewhere. I have informed Thanatos you are coming. He’s door is on the first door on right, Good luck” To which he chuckled, taking his leave. Trinity rolled her eyes, just wonderful.

Facing the way to go hesitation set in, the god of ‘Death’ that was who she was meeting. What kind of horrible thing had she done, to end up with a deal such as this? Shoving her hands deep within her jean pockets, Trinity made herself get this over with. The sooner this happened the sooner she could move on, maybe he wouldn’t be so bad. She had thought the god of the underworld would have been a dark soul, with nothing but blood, bones and a vile face to greet her. She’d been wrong of course.

The door was vast, made of some kind of hard dark wood. Gold hinges held it in place, biting her cheek Trinity pushed the lever down causing the door to open without a sound. Cause that’s not creepy. Taking a look around she could see a roaring fire place, a large desk made up of the same wood as the door, with a dark figure sitting behind it. He didn’t bother to look up, just kept writing something ignoring her very presents. Trinity thought that maybe he hadn’t heard her coming, though something in her said that was a lost cause.

    “Um, are you Thanatos?” Stepping further into his office. A few more feet in making her just out of reach of the desk, his eyes slowly looked up at her. Catching her breath they were a stunning blue grey color that swirled around with enough emotion to strangle out a whale. Hard lines on his face told her he didn’t smile, nor did he do much of anything as far as she could see. Good looking was an understatement, dressed in all black match hair with a golden tan.

Instead of answering her, Thanatos returned once again to his work at hand. Trinity was about to speak again, when he handed her a piece of paper. Taken off guard she took the paper, looking at it.

    “Get out!” She read slowly. Then is a bold of electricity it hit her, frowning at the paper before turning her gaze upon him. Well isn’t this pleasant, once again she’d been miss led. He wasn’t kind nor evil, he was just a plan jerk. Crumbling the paper up making sure to make enough noise to piss him off, she flung it into the fire.
    “And here I thought chivalry was dead!” Scoffing she noticed the pen stopped moving, tried of this already Trinity turned around. She didn’t give him a chance to talk to her, today had been tough enough without him rejecting her before she even could make an impression. Closing the door loud enough so he knew she wasn’t pleased, Trinity figured she could at least walk around the place.