DfD 16

Pushed down a flight of stairs, repeated like throughout her life. Punched all over, slapped more times then Thanatos new to count. Black eyes discoloration all over her perfect body, but it was the night of her twenty first birthday that nearly had Thanatos going to kill the man.

She’d tried to make herself look presentable for her party, but that ended before she even made it out of her room. He called her a whore, nothing more then a slut who spreads her legs. Pity the father didn’t know she was still a virgin, something much more uncommon now a days. He grabbed her by the hair kneeing her in the stomach, broke the beer bottle over her head before slicking open her stomach. Leaving his daughter on her bedroom floor, bleeding out and covered in her own blood.

    “Your nothing but a thorn on my backside, you disgusted me. Your never going to be wanted, you hear me NEVER!” He then proceeded to spit on her, kick the already gushing wound before walking back down the stairs. Tears fell down Thanatos’s eyes, he’d never in a million life times expect someone to live through so much hate and pain. He had to pause the video, it was more then his eyes and ears could handle. No wonder the woman was a mess, she’d lived a horrible life. One that she thought wasn’t worth being in, it explained why when she died she didn’t seem to care. Tossing the ear phone to the desk swigging the watered down drink, he pushed out of his chair. Thanatos felt numb all over, he’s Trinity…the woman who he had the strongest pull to was in so much pain.

No one ever saw her for her, they looked past her like she was nothing more then a burden. Even in all her pain the woman had learned to do so much, her education was almost at valedictorian. Her work ethic was impeccable, she’d kept trying even with no hope. Fading into her room he nearly burst into tears at the mere sight of her innocent, curled around Cerberus. It made sense why the beast looked after her, he saw her as something to protect. Hell hounds were meant to guard something, Cerberus hadn’t guarded much more then this house.

With Trinity around the beast found that she was perfect, guarding her had been his new mission. Thanatos certainly didn’t need any guarding, but Trinity…..she most certainly did. She still wore his shirt pressing her body to Cerberus for warmth, grabbing a blanket from the floor Thanatos covered her. A tear slide down her face, tucking her head deeper into the hound. He returned her nudging, trying his best to comfort her. Thanatos closed his eyes tightly, his heart screamed at him.

Biting his cheek to stop the emotions from leaking out, he couldn’t bare the images he kept seeing in his mind. So much fucking pain, her body laying on the cold hard floor as she begged to just die. No one begs to die, its always to live. His eyes fell limp taking her in, so fragile, yet the fire that she hold burns hotter then most. Moving a strand of hair out of her eyes, Thanatos swiped the loose tear.

Leaning down to Trinity his lips kissed her temple, whispering so softly it almost didn’t break the sound.

    “Please forgive me love, I never new. I just ask for one more chance. Nothing more” He quickly left her room, afraid he’d wake her with the rush of tears that were now flooding his face. He’d need to escape for a little bit, fading out into the garden his wings swooshed out. Ripping his shirt from his chest leaving the shredded pieces scattered all around, they flapped taking him far away. At the edge of the Underworld was a high ridge, a place where he could think, look and even release all his energy.

It wasn’t as good as the cabin, but at least he could still release his feelings without anyone dying. He screamed out in pain, but more so for Trinity. The woman never screamed, never released her pain so here and now Thanatos would release some for the both of them. Darkening skies cracked with thunder, lightening flashed in red, yellow and orange streaks. Swirling ebony flames licked at his body, consuming his body, wing and heart. Fists clenched he screamed out heaving his chest forward, spirit joined into his cries.

Hades and Persephone looked out their bedroom window, the carnage that was taking place could only be from one man. He’d seen the file, felt her pain and now understood. Hades kissed Persephone on her cheek, knowing his friend needed this, but felt sorry he had to see it. The images had brought Persephone to tears in a matter of minutes, and her mind and soul couldn’t watch more then a few seconds of it. But Hades had to finish watching, to know what the little girl went through, that was the only reason he informed Thanatos to keep his emotions in check.

It had taken Hades all his will power to keep from breaking everything in his office, people get the wrong idea about the God of the Underworld. They think him cruel evil, a reincarnation of the devil himself. However that’s not always the case, having two children of his own. Hades had a fatherly instinct that was deep rooted into his system, he felt the need to protect ones weaker then him. Trinity was weak, though she’d never shown it on the outside. On the inside she was begging for someone or something to take away her pain.

The large twisters moved in and out of the lightening, it was a sight to behold when Thanatos released his emotions. The man was powerful in many ways, excepted in his heart. Fiona had been the love of his life, or so he thought. She was nothing more then a mortal he’d found wandering around his place, after her death he’d moved to the cabin in the woods. Keeping all out never bringing anyone, until today. Trinity had been the first to set foot and eyes on his secret place, not even Hades had ever been there.

Hades new when Thanatos left for days, weeks or on rare cases months on end where he was. That cabin had been his safe haven, a place where he could just forget about being the God of Death and live like a human. Something in Hades believed that somewhere in Thanatos, he’d wished to be human.

Trinity woke up the sound of thunder startling her, a tingling sensation much like the one on her lips lingered on her temple. The warmth of Ceb was nothing compared to the blanket draped over her, it smelled much like Thanatos. Had he covered her up, kissed her even. Her eyes pricked when another loud bang echoed into her room, pushing out of bed she peered out the window. Covering her mouth at the sight to behold, twisters, lightening in many colors paired with the thunder clouds danced over the dark sky.

Rain clouds poured buckets of rain over the garden, filling the ponds. Leaving the window she rushed out her room, swinging the door to the outside open. Rain beat the ground softening it up, stepping out in her bare feet Trinity lifted her hands letting the water soak her. It was warm, like bath water. Soaking the shirt along with her hair, sticking the two to her body. A hard gust of wind turned her looking, the dark figure standing a few feet from her held fast. His body soaked, hair dripping into his eyes.

Black wings arched outwards, taking up as much space as possible. Shadowing the garden with their mass, Trinity turned her body to face his. Thanatos was impressive, his wings played a very large part in that. Flapping once he closed them, letting the feathers knit behind his back. They were so long a few of the feathers dragged against the ground, soaking in the mud. The storm off in the distance was residing, the twister soon sucked back into the clouds. Leaving the Lightening to only bust forth every so often, leaving thunder to weaken.

The rain continued to fall, her body already completely soaked. His skin was dripping in the warm water, but even in the warmth his body prickled at the sight of her. Black jeans clung to his legs, threatening to fall off with the extra weight. Trinity was compelled to run to him, hold the suddenness in his eyes. But she didn’t understand the sadness they held, what could of made the man look that way. Had he been the cause of the massive storm, or was it just another weird thing that happened around here. Water slid over his chest, causing the wet feeling between Trinity’s legs to grow. She prayed to the gods he didn’t have some weird sense of smell, she’d never be able to handle that.

A few droplets slid down his face, and for just a moment she swore those weren’t from the rain. His foot moved forward, but instead of coming to her his knees crashed into the soft soil.
    “Thanatos” Running to his side, Trinity lowered her body cupping his face. A sense of protect came over her, what was wrong with the man. Did Gods even get sick. His eyes lifted just enough to meet hers, soft looking with a hint of pain looked back at her.

    “Forgive me” He tried to lift his hand, but fell short. His breathing was heavy like he ran for hours, wrapping her arms around his chest. Trinity could of sworn the man purred to her, helping him up she made her way to the door. She was careful not to hit his wings on the door frame, shifting her shoulder under his arm pit. His head hung low, letting the excess water drip all over the floor.

Slowly they made it to his room, pushing his door open Trinity carried him to a bench in front of his bed. Sitting him down he grabbed her arm, holding her to him. Thanatos didn’t look at Trinity, he couldn’t shame of what he’d done to her coursed through his veins. Standing still her hand clasped to his, water slipped between their fingers.
    “Please” He begged, turning his head as if she’d slapped him again. His free hand waved over them both, making the water no more.

    “Stay…I wont…do anything” His cheeks reddened, keeping his eyes off hers. Trinity sucked her cheek in, slowly pulling her arm away from him. Leaving his room, Thanatos gripped his head. She’d never forgive him, not in a million life times. Punishment, that what this had to be. No sooner had he started to feel his dark energy coming in full force, did the door open once more. Revealing an angel holding a pillow, Cerberus at her side. Trinity closed the door once the hound was in, he strode to Thanatos’s side laying down.

    “I like my pillow” She whispered. Clutching the soft black head rest, while walking to one side of the bed. His heart leapt out of his throat, the sight of her crawling into his bed was more then enough. Tucking his wings away, Thanatos moved carefully over to the other side laying down next to her. Under the sheets he could feel the warmth of her, it seemed to spread like wild fire. Instead of turning away from him, Trinity tucked the pillow closer letting one hand rest just in front of her face.

It wasn’t like her to sleep with a man, specially not a god. But the calling of his breaking heart made her compelled to help, she’d already known what it was like to have her heart broken, shattered and torn out. So the compassion she had for others in the same manor was he way of mending her own, or so she told herself. If laying in his bed helped him heal, then that wasn’t much to ask. She’s slept in the same bed as him before, a few times if she corrected herself. And like he promised he’d not done a thing to her, just slept or watched over her.

Thanatos watched as her eyes grew heavy, the sight of her was ambiance to his eyes. Carefully his moved his hand over hers, cupping it gently. Rubbing his thumb in slow circles to sooth her deeper into sleep, the motion worked releasing a yawn. Smiling he pressed his luck, kissing her knuckles. Trinity wiggling closer to the heat that touched her hand, it was comforting something she’d not felt in a long time. Thanatos held his breath when the beauty pushed her head into his chest, gently moving a piece of hair out of her eyes.

How was it they could go from fighting like cats and dogs, to snuggling in his bed in the next. Trinity was continually keeping him on his toes, never letting him forget she was his everything. Shifting his weight letting her grow more comfortable, his head lay on hers. The rain outside patted down on the windows, slithering down the glass.