DfD 13

Like a pouting child he felt his anger rise, howling spirits encircled him. Their shrill sounds, causing more to come forth. Fists balled tightly at his sides, eyes darkened picking up speed for the dark aura. She’d told him no, no one tells him…no. Storming after her, he had to keep his death in check, innocent people would only suffer his wrath if he didn’t watch himself. Hades would be livid if that happened, plus Thanatos didn’t want to have to explain to Hades’s wife why the man suddenly had more paper work.

The neon red lights to the Club, shone brightly against the black building. Trinity needed to get away from him, he was pushing his damn luck. Trying to kiss her like she was that easy to have, who did he think he was anyways. She wasn’t one of his little flings, she refused to bow to him like all the rest. Trinity had morals and feelings, and damn it they were going to be respected. Walking into the back room, she smiled at the few people waiting on her.
    “Hey sexy, you look good” Rick said giving her a hug.
    “Thanks, when we on?”

    “Thirty minutes” Dj replied setting up the final touches on the stereo system he had, if this was like the last show she was going to be thrilled with the out come.
    “So we were wondering how many songs you got time for?” Rick asked.
    “Depends how many you want” Taking a seat in a half broken chair.
    “We have a total of six” Dj, watched her.
    “I guess six then” Trinity replied, winking at Dj.
    “Awesome, its fifty a song”

    “Sounds good” The money would go to a room and food for tonight, though she figured there’d be a party afterwards. But she never went, something about it didn’t feel right with her. An announcer called to the crowd getting their attention, strobe lights flashed around causing the room to change in color every so many seconds. Smoke machines blasted the front of the stage, giving it a spooky feel.
    “Were up” Rick smirked, grabbing his guitar. For a three person group it was amazing just how wild they could get, Trinity laid her jacket on the chair following the two out. Screams rang out  woman jumping for the boys while some even called out to Trinity, smiling it didn’t take long to find Thanatos. Back against a corner wall, arms crossed and looking very pissed. 

Rick rang his fingers over the stings, causing them to blast sound. His baggy black pants held straps that criss crossed, the tight muscle t, was ripped giving the woman a taste of what was under. DJ dressed almost the same way, only his maroon shirt held no sleeves showing off his black tribal tattoos. Nodding to me I grabbed the mike, clapping my hands so the people would get the hint. Bobbing my head when DJ started the first of our six songs, the beat was a remix of ‘Rihanna pour it up’

    “Oh OHH aoahha oaa all I see is dollars sighs, money, money on my mind” Smoke fogged the stage, twisting around my feet like a white snake. Warming the people up, Trinity took a look at Thanatos. Still sulking in the corner, she was bound to make him take notice. He should of known better then to think she was some god powers. Turning her attention to the crowd she winked, pointing her finger off like a gun.
    “Lets rock this bitch!” She yelled causing more screaming. DJ let out a ‘whoo’ hitting the next beat. There wasn’t much singing in this one for her, but she still loved the way the music mixed. Rocking her head, she got them all into it.

    “There is no god in heaven, you need to run for cover. No one will be forgiven, till everything is over.”

Jumping up shaking the stage, rocking her hips woman screamed when Rick hit the base of his guitar. DJ slowly turned up the sound, causing the speakers to vibrate.

    “There is no god in heaven, you need to run for cover. No one will be forgiven, till everything is over. Till everything is over. Till everything is over.” Skipping the beat with his fingers, they watched as the room filled all eyes on them. Turning to DJ, Trinity had something for Thanatos’s ass. Rick nodded liking the song, it was different hearing it out of a woman’s voice but still good never the less. When the tone kicked on she made sure to look right at him, if he wanted something from her this was all he was getting.

    “I am immortal, I’ll never fade away. I’m a legacy that lives beyond, far beyond the grave. I am immortal. I’ll never rest in peace, and your never gonna be, Never gonna be, NEVER BE ME!” His eyes snapped as she sang the lyrics, pushing off the wall. Her lips giving the words more meaning, if only towards him.

    “Don’t pretend that you don’t know me now. There six feet down, I’m still around. Carved into your memory, you’re never gonna forget me. You had your day, But time washed you away. Your Dead, Your gone, but I’m still going strong.” Thanatos listened ears trained to every life bringing word she sang, the song had meaning to him, purpose. He’d never heard a song quiet like it, in its self it was his story singing.

“I am immortal, I’ll never fade away. I’m a legacy that lives beyond, far beyond the grave. I am immortal. I’ll never rest in peace, and your never gonna be, Never gonna be, NEVER BE ME!”

    “I’m never gonna need your sympathy. Cause you’ll never get the chance to miss me. You can try to shake me, I don’t care. I’m permanently everywhere. They never misspell my name, How bout yours? Cause things I’ve done, Are what their living for.” She sang the rest of the song, making Thanatos’s body tingle. Jumping up and down, her hair and skirt flying as she moved. Trinity’s finger wrapped around that mike like it was her lifeline, pointing at the crowd but never fully taking her eyes off of him.

Her male friend shook the guitar, letting girls scream reaching for him. The other man worked some king of large box looking thing, his hands always moving around. 

Thanatos waited patiently at the front entrance, he’d listened to the rest of her songs, but the one about Immortals still sang past them all. He was almost certain she sang it for him, but he’d not known why. Trinity stepped out of the club, hugging the two males which they returned with an extra kiss on the cheek. Controlling his temper, he took to glaring at them from the doorway. His hands shoved deep into the black trench, his breath coming out in a white mist.

Trinity took one look at him, before leaving. She’d not give him anything else, the song was plenty. Downtown was even more spooky with the low lit area, and the sounds that seemed to intensify in each and every alleyway. Trinity pulled her jacket closer to herself, her body hummed with electricity to move faster out of the bad neighborhood. Dying wasn’t her fear, at least not anymore. But there still was that unknown fear that lurked in the back of her mind, the kind that makes you forget your not really alive anymore.

The crystal clear sound of gun shots caused her to freeze, any normal person would of run by now. Screaming and ducking their heads, but Trinity had a fear of that sound. One so deep rooted it sent her body a stiff, it refused to listen to her brain which was screaming at her. Begging her to flee, not to get hit once more. Trinity knew she was shaking, but it wasn’t the cold that was the cause. She whimpered unable to control anything at the moment, helpless and immobile she waited for the worst to come.

Thanatos heard the sounds they were something he had heard before, nothing he feared or cared. Just another piece of paperwork he and Hades would have to work on, but the sight of Trinity frozen mid step had him wondering. She didn’t budge, it wasn’t till the soft whimper pierced his ears did he realize she was frightened. The closer he got the more panicked he became, she was shaking tremendously. Rounding her Thanatos sucked in air at the steam of tears flowing down her face, a flush white face at that.
    “Trinity?” Lowering to get a better look at her. Another two shot rang out, sending her screaming into his arms.

She had nearly knocked him over, crying frantically against his shirt. A shirt she had a death grip on, shaking like a leaf in his arms. Something in him twisted, picking her up so her legs wrapped around his torso he willed them out of the area. He’d gotten a place in the mortal world a long time ago, a place where he could think and relax. The cottage was small, but cozy for two people. It was located by a large lake that was filled regularly with trout and other resourceful fish, the small dock on his property had a small canoe and boat.

Sitting in the dark room, he let her cry till her hearts content. Her body still shook but not as violently as before, her cried were softer as well. Rubbing her back he’d never had a soft bone in his body, but with her like this he couldn’t help himself. This was the most contact he’d had with her, and as horrible as it was he relished in her. If not for her comfort but for his own, he hugged her tightly pushing his face into her neck.

Slowly he spoke calming words, anything to relax her tense body.

    “Your alight, nothing is going to hurt you. Not while I’m around” Kissing her cheek, she shook her head as if the idea tore her apart. Trinity didn’t have a clue why she leapt into his arms, something inside of her screamed to do so and her feet had finally listened to a command. He was tender with her, cradling her body like a glass doll. Now they were somewhere, in a dark room and alone. But at least there wasn’t anymore gun shots, no creepy flickering lights, or the sounds of cats screeching out of a dumpster.

But what was worse, all those things, or being in his arms. She hadn’t a clue, but her body seemed to be find with the idea and relaxed more. Trinity was almost certain he was smiling, when he spoke those words. She was being to think he was bipolar, first the man snapped at her, told her to get out, then made her feel cheap and worthless only to end like this.
    “Your bipolar” She announced, muffling it into his shirt. Thanatos smirked, it wasn’t what he expected her to say, but at least she was talking.

    “How so?” Seeing it she’d speak a little more.
    “First you’re a total dick head, now your being nice…” Shaking her head. He sighed so he had fucked up, Thanatos shifted his weight trying to look at her face. Gripping her shoulders just enough to see her, he nearly pulled her back into his chest as the black streaks of mascara were lined down her cheeks. Her eyes held a red rim, and they were starting to puff a little. In introspect it sort of made her….cute.

    “Forgive me, I am not good with….” Trinity sniffled, raising a brow.
    “Women, mortals, anything?” She started to fill in the blanks, causing him to smirk.
    “What makes you think I am not good with women?” Almost amused with her picking that as the first word, to question him with. Trinity shrugged, it was the first thing that came to mind.

When she didn’t answer he shook his head, rubbing her thighs. Her skirt was fanned over his slacks, giving him a wide idea as to how little fabric was between them right now. It didn’t help when she shifted over him, causing that tightening to once again form. Trinity swiped her arm over her face, knowing damn well she must look like shit. But that didn’t seem to show on his face, if anything the man looked calm.

Feeling awkward Trinity went to get off his lap, only his fingers tightened around her thighs. When her eyes met his they held a almost begging look, crying out for her to stay. Trinity cocked her head to the side, giving him a questionable look. Just what did he want from her, and why.
    “Stay” He whispered, rubbing where his fingers gripped. He was afraid he’d of hurt her, when his grip tightened. She stared blankly at him, only blinking every so often to clear her eyes.
    “What do you want Thanatos, I am not the woman you want.

You’ve made that pretty darn clear, so what is it. You want me to be your friend?” He nearly cringed at the word ‘friend’. That was the last place he wanted to be with her, he’d heard all about the ‘friend zone’ from Eros, and he didn’t like the sound of it. Once you hit that, it was pretty much game over. In Eros’s own words it was the biggest, cock block known to man.

    “No!” He realized after he said it, that he should defiantly clarify. Her look of scorn was started to leek through, and if it was anything like Persephone’s scorn he shuttered at the though.
    “I want you” It was bland when it came out, but only because he panicked. Her eyes rolled before she huffed, dragging her hand over her hair.
    “Don’t be ridicules, your not even interested in me.” She sounded hurt by her own words, and he wondered just how long she’d felt this way.