DfD 4

Decked in dark browns and blacks the kitchen looked similar to one she’s seen in a magazine, it was up to date on everything. Long windows framed the top half, letting in light that had Trinity wondering where it was coming from. Surly the underworld didn’t have a sun, that wouldn’t make any sense. She’d been mulling the idea over when a red head spoke, breaking her train of thought.

    “Do you like it here?” Trinity paused mid mouthful. Like it here, no not really. So far she was told to get out with a letter, and almost mauled by a hell hound….yea she loved it.
    “It’s alright” Shrugging, they looked to one another.
    “Its Master Thanatos right?” The other asked, already knowing damn well it was.
    “He’s….” She searched for the right word other than ass.
    “Unique” Yea that was putting it mildly. They nodded it knowing what she really, mean to say.
    “He hasn’t always been like that, just after…” Her sister elbowed her shaking her head. Trinity didn’t dare push the topic, it wasn’t any of her business. Thanking the woman for the food she took her leave, not wanting to bother them anymore then she already had. Cerberus had also killed the bones, so he jogged after her.

Trinity had wanted something, and the only person she thought would grant her this request was Hades. So Trinity walked the halls back past her room, she’d have to pass Thanatos’s office door. She still didn’t have a clue where his room was, but really didn’t care, not like she’d ever go into it. Two doors from her room and the door on the same side pulled open, showing off a handsome looking Thanatos. Sleep was still prominent on his face, giving him a calm appearance.

She blinked at him a few times, her feet caught sticking to the flooring. Cerberus wagged his tail looking at his master, he looked at her face hardening. Well that was unexpected. Huffing he turned away from her, heading down the hall towards what she was guess the kitchen. Rolling her eyes she huffed back at him, returning to her destination of choice. Thanatos had heard her huff back, causing him to look over his shoulder. She passed her room along with his office, heading straight for Hades side of the castle.

Was she going to ask to be placed somewhere else, just the thought interested him to find out. Following far enough behind her so Cerberus wouldn’t give him away, Thanatos watched as she happily whistled a tune. Every so often she’d rub a head making the beast fall even more in love with her, it irked him to know his killer was so overly friendly with a mortal. She was nothing, nothing but a nuisance. Trinity walked through the main hallway, the gold’s bounced off her skin, giving her a warmer look compared to the dark of his main hall.

Hades stepped out of a room pausing to see Trinity coming to him, Cerberus who never liked anyone other than Thanatos shadowing her every move. Hades raised a brow, wondering how’d she’d managed that. The beast low growled warning Hades he wasn’t in the best of moods, Trinity placed a hand on a head causing the hound to silence. That was interesting.

    “Trinity, what can I do for you?” He asked, wonder dripping off his tongue.
    “I was sort of hoping you could give me something to listen to music with.” She rubbed the back of her head, still touching the once round bullet opening. Hades titled his head, why would she be coming to him with such a request.
    “Have you asked Thanatos?” Trinity lowered her eyes, she’d never ask him for a thing.
    “I’m afraid not.” shaking her head a little, still petting the beast. Thanatos wondered also why she hadn’t asked him for a simple request, sure he didn’t want her in his castle but that was just a personal reason. He’d of given her a music device, especially if it would have gotten her off his back. But she’d never asked him, something pricked the back of his throat.

    “Why not?” Hades asked. Trinity shrugged not meeting his eyes, she felt like a begging child….a thirty four year old child.
    “I think he despises me” Replying, a little hurt came out which surprised her. Hades sighed nodding, he slid a hand around her shoulder causing her to look up.
    “I’m sure that was a little harsh” He answered, but she shrugged again.
    “I’m used to it” Which wasn’t a lie. Thanatos frowned, he may not want her in his place but despise was a strong word. How could one despise someone they knew nothing about, but it was her answer that seemed to upset him more. What exactly did she mean she was used to it, surly the woman had people who loved and missed her?

Hades heart twisted, he’d taken a good look at the woman’s past. She’d been pretty much a loner, always moving. Trinity was looked past, whether it be job opportunities or family matters. Her mother had died when she was young, leaving her with a broken father who didn’t know how to grieve right. And instead of getting upset about it, the child simply turned into herself. It caused her to go through life depending on only herself, never asking for a thing. He figured the only reason she had asked for such a small request was because she hadn’t a clue on how to work her powers, and wouldn’t dare ask.

Ever since he’d found his queen Hades had become a little softer, special with woman. He didn’t see Trinity as a broken woman with nothing to show for her life, instead he saw a small child dying to scream, cry and share her pain…but refused because she thought it showed weakness. For all inattentive purposes it broke his heart, he had hoped Thanatos would be the one to offer the woman a bit of kindness but he was still grieving himself. Sighing he snapped his fingers making a white IPod appear. Handing it to her, she bit her lip.

    “Is it not to your liking?” Worried he’d gotten an out dated version.
    “No! I mean it’s wonderful, I just never owned one” Her cheeks flushed, giving her an adorable face. Chuckling he moved it closer to her, carefully she picked it up bringing it to her heart.
    “Well you have one now. Should you need anything else please feel free to ask, I am more than happy to make you feel more comfortable here” She nodded still looking at the device. Looking over her shoulder Hades spotted Thanatos concealing himself, within the shadows. Smirking he knew the man saw something in her, he’d never admit it though.

    “I see Cerberus has taken a liking to you?” Looking over the calm beast under her hand. Trinity brighten substantially, giving him a smile.
    “Yes, I thought he was going to eat me when I entered my room” She giggled, filling the room was a soft sound.
    “Is that so?”
    “Yes, But then I remembered I was dead” Her head titled before giggling a little more, her face calmed looking at the beast who was now licking her fingers. Thanatos frowned, at how she could so casually say something like that.
    “I’d say your safe now” Hades went to touch him, but received a growl. Trinity tapped his nose, and the beast lowered his head.
    “Behave” She frowned.
    “It’s alright my dear, he doesn’t usually like anyone.” Bringing his hand back away from the very sharp teeth, that could cause a few painful scars. Hades gave a quick look in Thanatos’s direction, before thinking of a wonderful idea.
    “Perhaps you would like to come to a ball?”  Trinity lifted her gaze from the hound, sending Hades a pointed look.
    “A ball?” She’d never heard of a dance used so formally, maybe in fairy tales but that was it.
    “Yes, my queen is very much into large gatherings.” Trinity frowned, large gathering didn’t do well with her.
    “I…don’t know” fidgeting. Hades smiled thinking it was because she’d have to be accompanied by Thanatos, never had Hades thought to cause his friend to be jealous but maybe that wouldn’t be such a bad thing.
    “Was there ever a particular god that struck your fancy?” Her eyes bowed, chewing on her cheek. She’d always thought that Orpheus was someone she could get along with, he was known for his music and poetry. Hades picked up on her half smile, which meant there was someone.
    “Who then?” She paled realizing she’d given herself away.
    “Orpheus” Whispering, not knowing if he really was a god here or not.

    “Splendid, I shall see to it he escorts you” Trinity gulped, was it really that easy.
    “Aw when is this…ball?” She felt sick just saying the word.
    “Tomorrow night” The world started spinning around that was short notice.
    “I um,” Gripping the IPod, he titled to see her face.
    “Something wrong dear?”
    “I don’t have anything to wear” She again bit her lip, knowing he’d given her powers to change. But not only did she not know how to use them, she didn’t have a clue what the attire was.
    “Of course, I’ll have Nadia bring you something” Trinity wanted to thank him for not pointing out the obvious, but she just nodded with a thin smile.

Hades noticed she was still frozen, maybe there was something else he could help her with. Clearing his throat, she smiled but not like before. This one was tamed, controlled to the point of painful.
    “Is there anything my dear?” He waited watching her, but she nodded yes.
    “Is there somewhere I can go for a walk” Smiling at her he nodded, pointing to a door.
    “Its leads to the gardens, there is a door in Thanatos’s palace that goes there as well.” Giving me a thankful smile, Trinity bowed her head taking her leave. Hades watched as Cerberus nudged her as they walked through the door, he smirked when Thanatos headed his way. He could feel the anger leaking off his being, it had worked. Thanatos didn’t like the idea of her going with another male, making Hades right all along.

    “Is there something I can do for you old friend?” Knowing it would piss him off more. Thanatos only talked to Hades, mostly about work but he expected the man was going to give him an earful now.
    “Why did you give her to me, if you’re allowing her to go with another tomorrow night?” He was controlling the screaming spirits whirling around his body, but he couldn’t understand the reason behind Hades’s actions.
    “Because you never come, there is no reason such a stunning woman shouldn’t be flirted over” He watched Thanatos’s face darken, Hades kept his smile to himself. Hades took a chance even though it could come back to bite him in the ass, he just had to see how interested his friend was to the woman.
    “I could have her removed, if you so wish” He kept his eyes looking at the door she left from, Thanatos growled a little before huffing.
    “Do whatever you will” Waving his hand, before turning around headed to his office. That was a no, if Hades’s ever heard one.