DfD 14

Trinity wasn’t one of the love hungry woman who fell at the first man who said he wanted her, no she was a realist a person who knew that with every relationship came pain. Maybe more so when your heart fell for a god, a very sexy god who could control the rest of your immortal life. She watched as he went to protest, but she held her hand up.

    “Its fine, I didn’t ever expect you to. So were good.” She shrugged her shoulder, before continuing.
    “Where am I?” Looking around the living room.
    “My cabin” Thanatos felt sick, she just shut him down.
    “Your cabin? Do you plan on murdering a dead woman?” She brought him back out of his thoughts, but he could only shake his head. Had he ruined any chance with her, had he already been condemned to the friend zone.

Trinity sat quietly on his lap, the darkness eloping them. It was getting weird, and Thanatos much of picked up on that. The sound of fingers snapping, turned on light causing Trinity’s eyes to snap shut at this brightness. Rubbing them while trying to blink a little light in at a time, she say the slow movement of his hand lower dimming the lights a little.

    “Thanks” Still blinking, to adjust to the lower setting. He didn’t say a thing, just nodded keeping his hands off her. Something sad was convincing Trinity that she’d somehow hurt his feelings, how she wasn’t entirely sure but it was defiantly there. She decided to focus on the room, it was a good size over looking the kitchen. Black counter tops, with black appliances. An island in the middle held the stove, while the dinner table was off to the side.

Instead of gold and black running throughout the place, he had mixed it up a bit. Going with a royal blue for curtains, a couple of random rugs to match. Large windows framed the whole back of the house, which gave a breathtaking view to the large lake out back. The moon bounced off the waters surface causing it to look almost blue, instead of black. A little dock with two boats held on my rope, rocking ever so slightly with the ripples.

The couch they were sitting on was black leather, softer then a babies butt. While its matching love seat and chair were placed for more company, something about that didn’t seem like Thanatos though. Behind her was a river rock fireplace, fresh logs already placed for when someone wanted to burn. Thanatos didn’t have any pictures around, mostly windows gave you something to look at.
    “Where is this place?” Looking around at all the dark wood of the walls, it could have been a log home by the look of things.   

    “Kentucky” His voice soft, almost a whisper. Trinity looked at him, but he looked away moving her to the couch. Her bag leaning against the back arm rest.
    “There isn’t anything here to eat, but I can get you whatever you want” Walking into the kitchen, Thanatos needed some space. His thoughts were a jumbled mess, and if he hoped to make amends of them he had to think of something else. Trinity stood up placing her bag on the floor, he was opening a draw pulling out a few take out menus.

    “Take out?” Leaning over the counter. Thanatos looked up at her, smiling laying them on the counter for her to choose.
    “Pick whatever you like” Watching her contently, she still looked puzzled but eyed the menus.
    “Umm, I don’t what’s good, you pick.” Sliding them back to him.

    “Are you sure?” Trinity realized that he had been anything but cruel to her in the last hour, he was offering her his comfort and now even feeding her. Either the man really was bipolar or he had changed for the better, Trinity nodded to him something in her said to trust him.
    “You known this place better then me, I trust you” If felt like the woman picked up a rock, and chucked it straight into his temple. Why….gods why did she have to go and say something like that, to him now. Thanatos was having a hard enough time as it was, being in this damn friend zone of hers. Trinity saw the flash his eyes made, taking it as cue to leave she asked where his bathroom was.

    “First door on the right” Pointing down the narrow hallway. Nodding she quickly shuffled to get out of his sight, something was off with him. That was for damn sure, he was being nice, kind, and patient with her. No growling, shouting or threats, Trinity closed the bathroom door locking it. She needed a shower and a hot one at that, twisting the nozzle the water came out already steaming.

Thanatos wanted to bang his head against a brick wall, why was this so freaking hard. Hell Hades had dragged his queen down to the underworld, why couldn’t he just do the same damn thing. Cause she’d hate you…..his inner voice replied. Growling at himself, he swore that he’d do it if she didn’t fall for him soon. This cat and mouse game was getting old, one minute they were barking at each other, then were smiling like happy children.

Grabbing the Chinese take out menu he picked a handful of things, hoping at least one of them was to her liking. Swiping his hand over the counter, the food become abundance. Pushing the menus back into the draw, he grabbed an egg roll taking a bite. He heard the shower turn off, the silence now defying. The sound of the door opened, as she called to him.
    “Thanatos?” His brow rose, what could she possible want.