DfD 6

Trinity pushed open her bedroom door, closing it once Cerberus cleared the thresh. Walking into her bathroom she was surprised to see what looked to be her personal items from when she lived in the human world, toothbrush, paste, brush, and a few other important things were lined on the bathroom counter. A note in black paper and gold writing sat folded neatly in front of it all, picking it up she read its contents.

    ‘Trinity, I had someone retrieve a few of your items. Should you require anything else, feel free to ask. -Hades’

Her legs wobbled with the thought that the God of the underworld, had been nicer than her own human father. Just the mere gesture was enough to lose a tear over, she’d almost wished he’d been her father instead of the one she had been given. Grabbing a tissue which coincidentally was black also, she cleared her face tossing it in…you guessed it a black canister. It was a good thing she liked the color, or this would have been a drag. If it wasn’t black it was gold, which looked rather nice together.

Her door knocked but Cerberus found it necessary to bark three times, in order to let her know. Chuckling she’d never need a home security system with him around, Trinity opened the door to find Nadia holding a black box.
    “Hello Trinity” Smiling she stepped in, only to face Cerberus’s growling heads.
    “Down boys” Trinity called closing the door.
    “They hate everyone…well except you and Thanatos” She exclaimed keeping a watchful eyes on the beast.
    “So I’ve heard” Patting two of the three heads.
    “Lord Hades asked me to bring you an outfit” holding the box up, before setting it on the bed. Nadia had been give extreme instructions not to upset Trinity about her attire, Hades had made sure to make that very clear. But Nadia had already figured Trinity hadn’t known how to use the power in which Hades had given her, it was either that or she simply chose not to us it. Which she found hard to believe.
    “Do you have a change of clothes” She was trying a subtle way of asking, but it came out unlike what she wanted. Trinity shook her head, looking the stunning woman up and down. Never would she look like that.
    “No” She whispered, it had been too much to say that. Nadia smiled, taking her hand pulling her to the full length mirror.
    “Lord Hades gave you powers, right?” Trinity nodded, she still hadn’t a clue how to use them.
    “Would it be alright if I showed you how to use them, it’s a little tricky?” If at anything Trinity was relieved, at least it wasn’t something simple to learn. She nodded again, waiting for further instructions.

It took a few minutes for Trinity to figure it out, she was thankful it had been Nadia to teach her. Had it been Hades or even Thanatos she would of surely passed out from embarrassment, every once in a while her mind would drift away from the image she wanted, only to leave her with nothing on or worse something like lingerie. She’d practically screamed when she remembered seeing a sexy outfit in a mall window, only to be wearing the exacted thing. Nadia didn’t even bat a lash, she did however ask her what store she saw it in. Something about wanting one for herself.

    “This would be easier if I could look at something” Trinity huffed, tired from all the brain work.
    “A laptop might come in handy, you should ask for one” She raised her brow. Don’t tell me they get Wi-Fi down here, she thought looking at Nadia curiously. She chuckled covering her mouth, before sitting down in a chair.
    “We get internet, were not living in the Stone Age anymore.” Nadia laughs at the funny face Trinity had made, maybe the woman doesn’t realize that they get all the same luxuries as the mortal world does, just with a few added bonuses. To make her feel a little less overwhelmed, Nadia tries speaking about the party.
    “You’ll love tomorrow, everyone comes to Persephone’s parties” The plan backfires, when Trinity turns a green color.
    “Umm. Just how many people?” She barely able to hear her, and the woman looks positively terrified.
    “Aw well….all of them usually” That had done it, Trinity paled while her cheeks flushed a red color to make a salmon envy. Chewing on her nails, Trinity was now in full ‘how to get out’ mode. A few gods, or goddesses she could handle, but not all of them. They’d want to know her name, where she came from, why she was living in Thanatos’s castle. The works everything down to her shoe size, that wasn’t something she was willing to give. When nervous she would do the opposite of a possum, Trinity would fidget. So much so some would think she was coming down from something, but she’d never touched a drug in her life.

And as far as Trinity was concerned, drinking was not a drug. It was just merely a way for her to forget she had more problems, then a lawyer during spring break. Just how in the world, she is ever going to get out of this, she could fake being sick…but she was dead so that didn’t seem possible. Hiding was another option, but Cerberus would track her down, which would ruin the whole point. There was always the truth, but that would mean showing someone her fears….not really high on her list.

After a few minutes of pondering, she caught Nadia just staring. Trinity had forgotten about the beauty sitting not four feet from her, and suddenly felt like a horrible person.
    “I’m….not very good….with large crowds.” Heavily sighing, Nadia moved taking a seat next to her.

    “That’s alright. Just make an appearance, then dip out. No one will even notice, they’ll probably be too drunk to remember their own names.” She gave her leg a pat, before smiling. Trinity gave her a smile in return, that didn’t sound so bad. She could do that, it would still give her time to speak with Orpheus without looking like she stood him up. Which would be unheard of, Trinity was in no position to be standing anyone up, let alone a God.

Nadia excused herself, reminding Trinity dinner would be ready soon. Flopping her back to the bed, Trinity groaned. Her life was a mess even more now that she was dead, how was the even possible. Shouldn’t life become more carefree, or less stressful? She must have fallen asleep for a knock to her door, startled her eyes back open. Rolling off the bed she padded her way to the door, opening it slowly to see the two redheads.
    “Dinner is ready” They chirped in unison.
    “Thank you” Giving her a warm smile they skipped down the hallway, Trinity made a mental note those two were more like seven year olds then full grown adults. Cerberus yawned stretching out like a cat, his middle head pushed on her hand. Sighing she looked over her outfit, it was plain since she couldn’t think of anything exciting. The black turtle neck hugged what curves she did have, matching black jeans cut to boot fit. Envisioning fuzzy black socks, she was pleased when her feet suddenly felt warmer.

Closing the door they walked to the kitchen, one of the redheads pointed to the door she needed to enter before grabbing more food. Entering the room she was surprised when Thanatos was already there, the bowl of soup he was casually eating from looked good. He looked better. Trinity scolded herself for thinking in such a manor, it was clear the man had no interest in her what so ever. She was only there to keep him company, nothing more no matter how much she wished for it.

The long rectangular table could fit five people on either side, while one for the two heads. Thanatos sat at the head of the table, so to make him feel more comfortable Trinity sat at the far end right before the other head of the table. She didn’t want to bother him, since he’d told her to get out last time. Making sure not to make eye contact, even with the feel of his eyes on her. One of the redheads walked in, her body looked between the two. Trinity suspected she was supposed to eat next to him, but then again that was never told to her.

It wasn’t like they were going to have a conversation, so what was the point. Slowly she set the bowl down to Trinity, giving her a look. Picking up her spoon careful not to make noise, she ate silently dunking the bread into the tasty broth.

Thanatos watched as she took up the end of the table, was she disgusted to sit next to him. Had what he done really hurt her so, that she refused to even make eye contact with him. Movements made little to no sound, while she carefully ripped a piece of bread. Slowly she rose picking up her bowl and silver wear, her eyes trained on the bowl like it was going to turn into a bunny or something more interesting.
    “Excuse me” It was but a whisper, taking her leave.

Dropping his spoon Thanatos suddenly didn’t feel like eating, Trinity was causing his chest to tighten. Rubbing the spot the twins walked in, their eyes looking for Trinity before settling on him. Clearing his bowl they nodded to him, leaving he huffed out. This wasn’t going well, at this rate she’d simply hide away from him.

With morning somewhat brighter than the day before, Trinity pushed the black covers off her hot body. Thanks to Cerberus who she was now calling Ceb, he kept her nice and toasty. Already she was regretting the ball, knowing what the inevitable was. With a heavy heart she opt to lighten things up, by taking Ceb for walk in the gardens. Surly there wouldn’t be anyone up yet, which already had a smile forming on her face.
    “Come on Ceb” Letting her mind fixate on what she wanted to wear. Like usual she kept her style, blue jeans and a black shirt. Padding down the hallways she poked her head into the kitchen, snagging an apple before leaving out the door that lead to the gardens from Thanatos’s part of the castle. The sun in the mortal world was just starting to rise, giving the underworld an almost magical glow about it. Taking the first bite Trinity sat on a swing, rocking her feet back and forth watching the sunrise. She’d done this a lot when she was alive, so it almost seemed fitting to do it when she was dead.

When she could have sworn she felt someone watching her, another wave of emotion shook her. Slowly Trinity checked out her surroundings, only to find it was just her and Ceb. Taking another bite of apple, her eyes held one particular area the longest. It just had this weird vibe about it that almost whispered to her to keep watch over. At first she thought she was losing it, but then she realized that she was in the underworld so anything was possible.

Thanatos hadn’t been able to sleep well, he had an itch to check on her while she slept. But something in him stopped every time he had gone to smoke into her room, morals maybe…no that couldn’t have been it. Privacy perhaps, but then again this was his Castle. He just couldn’t get over the odd things she did, or said. Now standing in the gardens he watched her, feeling like a creeper when he followed her slow movements around the many pathways. She’d looked around eyes landing on him, though he knew she couldn’t see him, something in those eyes burned the cloak he held onto.

Had she felt him somehow, or was it just a fluke he should brush off. Trinity pulled out the music device Hades had gifted to her, pushing the ear buds in turning the volume up. Humming along to a song, she was all but dancing to the sound. Cerberus sniffed around while he made sure to keep a close eye on her, careful not to let her out of his sight. At least his hound had the same mindset as its master, now if only Thanatos could bring himself to talk to her.

Trinity aimlessly walked around the many pathways, taking in all the lovely sights. Weird black birds that resembled hummingbirds floated around, the gold of their under wings beat frantically. Two started squeaking over a large maroon flower, they battled like two knights using only their beaks. Giggling her attention was suddenly taken back to the IPod, overly excited to hear this certain song, Trinity turned up the volume ready to sing along.