DfD 5

He stormed into his office, kicked the door closed and paced across the thresh of the fireplace. Why…why was he feeling this way? The mere thought of another holding, dancing or even speaking with her was making him enraged. He wasn’t in love with her, she didn’t even meet any of the physical interests his desired. His love had been a full blonde, with large blue eyes. Where Trinity was the exacted opposite, no he defiantly wasn’t in love with her.

But there was something that bothered him, she’d already won the staff over along with his hound. It had to be her meek disposition, she wasn’t hard edged like some woman he’d met. Growling out he had forgotten he needed something to eat, leaving his office Thanatos headed for the kitchen. Giggling rose the closer he came to the kitchen, slowing his pace Thanatos stopped just outside the door.

    “Anita, you must see this. That new woman is playing with Cerberus” More giggling filled the large kitchen spilling out to his ears, turning inside he frowned at the sight of the two redheads standing on a counter looking out the long windows. Folding his arms he waited for them to take notice of him, but Trew his butcher and main chief coughed alerting the woman he was there. Squeaking them quickly got off the counter, keeping their heads low while working dough.

His glare didn’t faultier, walking to a lower window. Sure enough the woman had his hell hound chasing after some type of ball, while she swayed back and forth listening to the device Hades had given her. The woman kept their eyes trained on the table, but could tell he was still watching them even with his eyes out the window. His fingers drummed against his arm, annoyed he couldn’t look away. Trinity laughed when Cerberus shook the ball like it was prey, hoping around acting more like a pup then a hell hound.

Thanatos caught himself watching Trinity smiling, her face lit up with the lights flowing off the mortal world. The underworld was set up like a one way mirror, they could see the mortal realm, but they couldn’t see them. Dropping to the ground Trinity looked up, amazed with the amount of power this place had. It was a beautiful sunny day in the world she came from, she could just make out a few cars driving over head while buildings looked three D. Cerberus dropped the ball lapping water out of one of the many ponds, before dropping to her side resting.

    “That’s where I’m from” Pointing at the sky, for Cerberus to look up at. He snorted watching the tiny people walk around, lowering his head unimpressed. Trinity chuckled rubbing his head.
    “You’d caused quite a stir up there, I’m afraid.” Looking back at her home, it didn’t seem real. None of this did, she was living with gods, goddesses and other creatures, how was any of to make sense to a common human woman. Her head started to hurt, closing eyes Trinity tried to remember a happier time, one where her mom was still alive. Ice creams on Sundays, shopping for school clothes and lunch afterwards, those were just a few happy times.

A shadow cast over her face, making Trinity frown slowly she opened her eyes. Had the weather changed in her world? A pair of eyes blinked back at her, it brought up a scream making her jump. He was her height pale skin with short white hair, turquoise eyes held black lashes which blinked at her. Dressed in a pair of white slacks and a half button up light red silk shirt, his appearance was stunning at the most. Making her believe he was another god, but which one.

    “Who are you?” His voice was a melody, making her ear shake. Touching them she had thought they’d bled, from such a soft sound.
    “Trinity?” forgetting that, it was indeed her name. He smile which caused her to feel tingly.
    “I’m Eros” Taking her hand, kissing the top of it. Trinity looked at the god, who she knew all too well. He was one she was always blaming for her shity love life….god of love. Here was her chance to snap at him, for all those crappy men who waddled her way. But she didn’t have it in her, he was just too damn handsome…and sweet.

    “You’re beautiful” Trinity snapped her hand back, shoving it deep behind her. Beautiful wasn’t a word used to describe her, puny, or even bland but never beautiful. She brushed the comment to the side, he was the god of love after all…wasn’t it his job to say things like that to woman. His eyes rose smiling again, she followed his path biting her lip at the man coming to them.
    “Thanatos, how good to see you” Eros shook his hand, letting the tension settle. Trinity could feel their eyes on her, but she dare not look back. Flames could have been shooting out their asses, and she still wouldn’t have looked up.

    “So I heard Trinity here is staying with you” Eros nudged Thanatos, getting a thick glare. If there was one thing Thanatos couldn’t stand was when people had to go and state the obvious, another was how Eros could just look at a woman and she’d melt into him. He’d never been that good with women, even his love had swoon over Eros which just angered him more. Eros smirked looking Trinity over, not a bad looking woman.

With the right clothes she’d be a knock out, but he had a better idea. Thanatos didn’t want her here anyways, so she figured he was doing him a favor. Pushing his power around he got a scowl from Thanatos, but looked back at Trinity who was shaking her head a little. Twisting his brow he pushed a little more over her, by now the woman should have been begging him to marry her, but that wasn’t the case. Her eyes lifted a little but fell on Thanatos, before she looked back at Eros. Giving her a heart stopping smile, she smiled slightly giving him the impression she was caught.

    “Excuse me” Bowing her head, Trinity turned around leaving them. She couldn’t handle any more of that, her head was spinning all of a sudden and she couldn’t think straight. Cerberus ran after her, entering the way they came.

    “What the hell?” Eros frowned sucking his power back, Thanatos smiled to himself. Trinity was proving even more interesting, she hadn’t fallen head over heels for Eros. It drove the little love pike mad, giving him puffed up cheeks which reminded Thanatos of the human version of cupid. The chubby baby with little wings and a satchel of arrows, the blonde curly hair made him look like a girl. Thanatos shook his head, pushing the sad image out of his mind.
    “What do you want Eros?” Hoping to cut the longer visit.

    “Oh right. I was wondering if you’re coming tomorrow night.”
    “Do I usually?” His bitterness, hadn’t fleeted. Eros shrugged not caring at all with the way he spoke, everyone knew Thanatos was unhappy. Most already knew about Trinity being his little new house guest, all of which was the new buzz. What he did fear was if Thanatos put an ear to a wall, he’d hear the gossip spreading like wildfire, most of which was all the women’s doing. But still proved to cause quite the stir, everything from, Trinity was his new lover, to his pet bounced around.

Personally Eros didn’t like the idea of Trinity living with Thanatos, mainly because the girl came off as sweet and meek something Thanatos wasn’t use to. He’d end up hurting her some way or another, and the girl would be even more broken then she already was. But it wasn’t his place, to question why Hades had granted the woman to Thanatos. However he did know that Hades had granted Orpheus the right to escort her, and the god was positively excited about it. Eros had been sitting there, while the two had spoken about Trinity.

It had peeked his interest, wondering just what the woman looked like. His time in the human realm was always more about business then pleasure, thought there was time for that as well. Now he just couldn’t pass up the golden opportunity to poke the large death god, in hopes the man would release her into Eros’s care. What he wouldn’t give to have Zeus grant him a woman of his own, it pained Eros to know that Thanatos was getting such a sweet woman when he didn’t want her to begin with.

    “She’s quiet lovely, Orpheus will be even more thrilled” He heard Thanatos give a muffled growl, but no words. The poking continued.
    “I wonder how she’ll fair in our normally attire. Probably quiet well, wouldn’t you say?” Again no answer, just the deep hum of an annoyed man. Third times the charm, he thought shrugging his shoulders.

    “Perhaps I’ll have a go at her as well.” That had done it, the dark loom of death hung thick in the air. A whirlwind of pain and suffering engulfed Eros, had he not been a god it would have shown him how he would die. Most likely at the hands of the Death god himself, but that worried Eros not. What had him interested was why Thanatos was looking almost….protective over the woman. Had he finally grown an attachment to her, or perhaps he had deep unveiling feelings towards her even he didn’t know about.

Whatever it was Eros knew when to quit, so with a slight chuckle he walked off a whistle in his step. Thanatos stood outside in the gardens for a while, he was positively brewing to kill something…or better yet someone. The flowers around where he stood wilted, as ash soon piled around his feet. Desperate cries of souls forgotten and tormented screamed out, wiping around his face and body. He’d need to control his anger, or it would get the better of him. Slowly he willed everything to calm, taking deep breaths in and out.