Imran?!

Yusuf's POV:

"Yusuf?" I heard a familiar voice say. 

I was in the library studying for a Spanish pop-quiz Mrs. Juan said she might give this week. I don't know why but I don't think it's a Pop-quiz if you tell the students that they might get it anytime soon. Well, she didn't tell us when so I guess it kind of is a pop-quiz. 

I looked up and I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Imran? What are you doing here?" 

Imran was one of my friends back in Cali. He wasn't just any friends. He was my best friend. He moved away to Missouri during 8th grade and we have been texting ever since. He never told me that he was here. I mean, yeah, I told him I moved, too, but I didn't know we would be in the same school.

"Hey, I'm not the one who should answer that. You should."

"Well, I moved here remember?"

"Same here. I guess this is just a coincidence. I missed you man."

"Me, too. What are you doing at the library? You never go to the library. It's like one of those places that you give excuses and complain that you are, 'allergic' to it." I asked. 

We both started laughing. He sat at the same table and dropped his books in front of mine. 

"Well, I guess I just come here to relax and do my stupid homework. I guess people change. Am I right?" 

"Yeah, I guess so. Hey, you still look the same, except...your voice. It's deeper. I hadn't noticed that. My man! Your'e a MAN!"

It's true, his voice was kind of squicky back then. I used to make fun of him since mine was a little deeper than his.

"I'm not your little man anymore, now am I?"

"Nope, I don't think so." We both started laughing.

"So, how are you finding this place. It's a little better than Cali, don't you think."

"Huh? Oh yeah. So much better."

"I know that the Mustafa guy might have given you a hard time but trust me, things will get better. I promise. Anyways, what happened? I didn't see you at the basketball tryouts. I know you and you never miss things like those. Basketball is your life."

"Um...well you see. I kind of got injured. So, I had to miss it. I didn't feel well so..."

"Oh, well I got accepted." 

I gave him a pat on the back and we started talking about what I missed the past year in Missouri and what he missed in Cali.

"Hey Imran." I heard a girl say.

He looked behind me. He smiled and waved. I turned arounnd and saw Layan.

"Yusuf?" "Layan?" we both said at the same time.

"You both know each other?"

Layan's POV:

Man, I hate Spanish class. Why does she have to give us a stupid pop-quiz. I mean she should tell  us when she is going to give it to us so that I could study at the last minute. If you didn't know, I always do things at the last minute. I just don't know why. I guess it's the other disadvantage that my personality has. Don't get me wrong, most people are like that in life. Those who aren't, man you are lucky.

School is over and Samira and Fatimah decided to meet up at the library to study for the quiz. I love my besties, they always help me even though I don't want to. Without them I would be a hot wreck.