Chapter 2: Home sweet home

Renesmee looked around her. It's a fortune that she recognize the place.

Couple of minute running, she would arrive in the Cullen main house.

Esme said she would leave the house key in the bamboo pot, in case if Renesmee wanted to come.

She ran as fast as her vampire side would take into the woods, aiming the main house from afar.

She wasn't going to lie but she was never confident about running into the woods alone. Even when she had to hunt, Jacob would be there.

"God," she sighed.

After 3 minutes of running, she finally arrived at the mansion. She sad smiled at the view and went straight to the bamboo pot where the key had been buried.

It was getting darker and she hated the dark. Renesmee quickly dug into the soil, stretching her fingers deep in it until she reached the key.

"Seriously, Grandma? Bet you put the key first before loading in the whole soil," she humored herself. She missed them.

Her family. But Jacob was her family too. She smiled, but it didn't reached her eyes.

Clicking in the door lock, she entered the house and in a split second, the house lit up with the lights. Motion sensor lights.

She sighed in relief. She pulled down all the wooden blinds from the upper glass windows, giving herself a full security since she was living here alone.

Going up to her room, she decided to take a bath and rethink about her life once again.

"It's not his fault, I broke my promise and Jacob is angry," she said, more like a quiet whisper as she wrapped her arms around her bended knees on the couch, starring into the muted television.

She stared into the screen and unmuted the sound as she suddenly felt uneasy. She took her phone and looked up for Jacob's number before texting him.

Meanwhile -

"I can't believe this. She really had pushed the boundary against me," he said in anger, slamming the door house loudly.

"What on earth is going on, Jacob Black?" Rachel yelled from the kitchen.

"My house ain't made up of steel, honey," she showed herself, wiping her wet hands with a kitchen towel.

"Paul is not home yet?" he grunted as threw himself onto the couch, his head was thrown backwards facing the ceiling.

"Hello, Alpha. You sent him away to guard the border for a week and it's barely 5 days," she said, putting her hands on her hips.

Boy, did she seemed angry.

"I'm extremely lonely, thanks to you," she muttered as she went back into the kitchen. The smell of chicken pie was diffusing throughout the house.

"Where's your baby?" she joked.

"What baby?" Jacob asked lazily as he clicked on the remote control, changing back and forth between Spongebob Squarepants and Phineas and Ferb.

"Nessie, of course." She yelled from the kitchen, cutting the pie. "She's not with me," Jacob said quietly.

"What? I can't hear you," she said, poking her head to see Jacob. Jacob walked over to the kitchen and broke the side of the pastry.
"Jacob, don't." Rachel said, slapping his hand and arms repeatedly. "Let's eat. Bring some back home for Ness," she smiled.

Thank god, she didn't ask anything else; he thought.

"So, did you just said you're extremely lonely?" He laughed as if nothing ever happened an hour ago.

"I wake up alone in the morning, I eat alone throughout the day, I sleep alone in the night . . . I showered alone too . . ." she trailed off.

"Ew, Rach" he said as if that was the most disgusting thing in the whole planet.

"So, nobody stay here with you? I mean getting you accompanied?" he asked in full mouth.

"Yeah, Leah," she smiled.

"Leah," he nodded, pushing away the sudden anger that seeped through him.

"Where is she, by the way?" he asked.

"Somebody took her out for a lunch date today. They are probably stretching it out until tomorrow morning," she grinned slyly.

He should've react back to Rachel's joke but there was another thing that disturbed him to no end.

"Renesmee said she is with Leah at the club, but guess what? Leah is obviously going on a date the whole day. She is a fucking liar," Jacob said inside his head, giving him a pretty good point to not giving her a second chance.

"Jake, are you alright?" Rachel asked. "Yeah, yeah." He nodded.

"Eat up, then. You've been picking on your food. That's rare," Rachel joked.

"Sure," he grinned and took a bite of his chicken pie.

They finished their pies and went into the kitchen to start cleaning up.

"Jake, you're acting weird. Really, really weird," Rachel snickered. "What? I'm acting normal," Jacob said.

"Well, the last time I checked, you picked on your food and helped me cleaning up . . . was never!" Rachel laughed, putting down the dishes into the sink.

"So, tell me. Is it the pack?" Rachel asked, turning her body to face Jacob.

"It's nothing, Rachel. I'm just helping you," Jacob said, putting the leftovers back into the oven.

"Or, is it about Nessie?" she guessed. "God, Rachel! I said I'm fine!" Jacob suddenly said harshly.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. Go watch the TV or something," she backed off, putting her hands up as if somebody was going to shoot her in the head.

"I'm sorry, Rachel," Jacob spoke, looking down to his feet. Rachel went up near him and pushed him gently out of the kitchen.

"Go, calm yourself down,"

Jacob sat back on the couch and sighed, before he could feel his phone vibrated. A text.

Jacob opened it immediately, without concerning about the sender.

The text showed up, and there it was, a message from - Baby.

"Jake, are you still mad at me?" Jacob stopped reading and let out a sigh, rubbing his face with his hand.

"I know I broke my promise. But about the things I've been saying to you earlier . . . it was all true. I'm sorry if I broke your heart, but please trust me. I love you, I always love you, my Jacob. If you let me call you, I'll call you straight away. I can't stay away from you, it hurts. Please, forgive me. Please tell me you don't mean anything you've said in the car. You don't hate me, do you? I love you, Jake,"

He tried to ignore her, but more messages were coming in. He let another sigh and decided to phone her and call it a quit.