Chapter 16: Blaming both

"Jake, it's been a while. And I really, really like you." Willa smiled, touching Jake's hands.

They were in the park, the place they met for the first time. It was Willa who wanted to go there, reminiscing the past and starting to take it back. She really liked Jacob and she wanted to make him hers.

"Willa, I can't." He said, squeezing her hand and let it go.

"Why? Are you seeing someone? Which, I'll assume you're lying. Again." She laughed. Flirts were crowding around her. "You know, sometimes, feelings need to be pushed," she whispered, pulling his tie nearer to her.

"Alright there. The deal is, I would go to your friend's wedding with you and you'll find me a job. This, is not in it. Neither the park visit."

"Come on, boyfriend."

"Woa, easy. We agreed to just pretend."

"Why? Come on. Your lover must have been a loser for leaving. You sir, stay."

Jacob could feel a hard tug within himself as she talked about Renesmee, but he ignored it. Willa smirked as she saw his blank face, staring mindlessly at her.

"Stay. Let's see what else could happen." She whispered seductively, moving closer to him and put her body flush onto his.

Slowly, she kissed his lips, lingering onto it, waiting for his respond. "Why don't you kiss me like you just did on the wedding?" She smirked. "Huh, chicken?"

"Shit." He yanked away Willa's hand from his thigh and pulled her to his car.

"Damn. This place is huge! How are we supposed to find him?" Seth groaned, rubbing his neck.

"Shut up. We just need to bring him back. Call Jared, we need his help too." Leah said, picking up their stuffs. "But we need a place to stay first. I desperately need to charge my phone. Ugh."

"Wait up. I know a place." Seth said, pulling his backpack up his shoulder.

"You? Know this place?" Leah asked, not believing. How can her brother knew places if he had never gone to anywhere other than back home?

"What? Look at my face. Do I look like I don't know places?" He said, pushing Leah's shoulder with his, leaving Leah with her dumbstruck expression.

"I can't believe this."

-

"Alright, we're here." The cab driver said, as Seth sat forward to hand in the cash.

"So? Not bad huh? 5 minutes to the nearest store, 20 minutes to a luxurious dinner hall, and 10 minutes to the park. What do you say?" Seth said, showing his infamous smug smirk.

"Ha ha. Funny. Let's get inside, shall we?" Leah said emotionless.

"Cool."

They walked into the apartment and sign up for a vacant room. Leah ran towards her backpack and pulled out the charger.

"Shit, why am I feeling all weird since we get here?" Leah sighed, turning on her phone. Longest 2 minutes in her life.

"Weird how?" Seth said, scrolling his phone, probably checking on the pack's updates. "No." He stood up abruptly.

Leah was startled as she saw her brother's breathing sped up. "What? What's wrong?"