Chapter 3: When trusts are gone

Renesmee stopped fiddling with her phone when suddenly a call came in – Jacob.

"Jake!" Renesmee spoke first with excitement.

"Renesmee, I don't like what you've been doing right now. Stop texting me sorry or pleading me to take you back into my life, because I'm not doing that!"

"— You are such a big liar, dragging my family into your crappy excuses and you know what, if you thought that I'm going to trust you again, I won't. I won't trust you, I won't believe anything that comes from your fucking mouth,"

"— And about you asking for my forgiveness, I give it. I give my forgiveness to you, even though I don't mean that from my heart, but I forgive you . . . so that you'll stop bugging into my fucking life,"

"Jacob," Renesmee called out.

"Listen. You lied to me three times, going out with Sophie last two months, hunting with Nahuel the next week and now you're letting a stranger kiss and grind on you?"

"— Way to go to be honest. I don't care, I don't fucking care! You know what's worse? You promised me all kind of things that you couldn't keep. I'm done," Jake said – more like yelled to Renesmee before hanging up on her.

Renesmee fell onto the floor, not remembering how she got to her feet and crying her eyes and heart out.

She was repeating his name and sorry so many times and stopped about an hour after.

She got onto her full height and went to the bathroom to wash herself up.

She looked into the mirror and couldn't help but feeling slightly shocked of what she had been looking.

Her face was read, her eyes were swollen from the tears and her cheeks were soaked.

Renesmee pulled the washcloth and start washing her face clean. Her face was still swollen but it would do.

She walked out of the bathroom and laid herself onto the bed.

The tears were still there, flowing smoothly onto her cheeks down to the bed sheet.

". . . going out with Sophie last two months, hunting with Nahuel the next week and now you're letting a stranger kiss and grind on you?"

Those words. The words that cracked her heart into god know how many pieces.

Going out with Sophie? That was because she really needed my help and he was patrolling through the night.

Nahuel? Well, that was because he's a good friend of mine and I thought he was okay about letting me go with him. I mean, we were out for only 30 minutes! Well, only.

And that man at the club? He wouldn't even hear me out.

Renesmee thought deeply inside her head before going into a sleep.

It was 3 in the morning when she woke up by her ringtone. Without looking at the caller, she picked up the call.

"Jake!" she said, almost wide awake. "Renesmee, it's me," if then she was almost wide awake, now she was fully awake.

"Dad?" She called out. "Renesmee, why are you calling him like that? Where's Jacob?" Renesmee could hear Edward's growl and she quickly covered her up.

"He went out. Patrolling, you know," she said slowly but trusty.

"Okay, then. I'm sorry. Everything's good?" he asked through the phone.

"Dad, you call me at the wrong time. It's 3 am for god sake," Renesmee fake laughed, rolling her eyes slightly.

"It's 3 am?" He asked, shocked. "Dad, I know you don't need sleep but this human right here really, really needs it," Renesmee laughed shortly, letting out a small huff.

"I'm sorry, dear. Go to sleep. And hey, did you hunt today?" Edward asked. Dad will always be Dad, Renesmee thought before slamming her mind back to reality.

She hadn't hunt for a week. She should've done it yesterday evening.

"Renesmee?" Edward called. "Maybe you should call me Nessie, Dad," she snickered.

"No Cullens will ever call you after that Loch Ness Monster, sweetie. Your mother forbids, well I forbid. You know, happy wife, happy life," he joked.

Happy wife, happy life. Well, not if the wife lied to his husband and broke his heart.

"Okay," she smiled, hoping he would forget his question.

"Go to sleep, Renesmee. We love you," Edward said, his smile reached his voice and that calmed her a bit.

"Thank you, Dad . . . for calling," she said softly. "Always," he said before hanging up.