Chapter 13: Giving in

"Not getting drunk?" A voice called out behind him.

He almost chocked on his drink as he turned his seating to face the person.

"Willa," Jacob called out, shocked.

"So, you don't answer my message, but we meet up again regardless," she chuckled.

"Looks like it," Jacob said, turning around to face his glass as Willa took her seat beside him.

"Goes to a bar to have some Coke? Come on, get something harder," she laughed, punching the air to prove her point.

"No thanks," he smiled slightly.

"You just got here?" she asked, tilting her head to find Jacob's eyes.

"Yeah, kind of," he shrugged.

"What's the matter? You look troubled," Willa said, putting a hand on top of Jacob's.

Jacob looked to his hand, narrowing his eyes before pulling it slowly from Willa's grasp.

"I'm fine," Jacob said. "Shouldn't you get what you want right now?" He asked, putting up his hand and wiggled his two fingers slightly to call the bartender.

"Thank you, Jake," she laughed, beaming lightly near him.

To his surprise, Willa ordered the same as him.

"Shouldn't you get something . . ." he stopped and punched the air in front of him, receiving a loud laugh from Willa.

"Well, Mr. Tall, dark and handsome, you are so funny," she spoke, still recovering from her laugh.

Jacob snorted and smiled, before hanging his head, looking to his thigh.

"Finish up your drink. Come on," Willa said, as she finished hers as fast as she could.

Jacob raised his eyebrows and finished his.

"Okay, let's go," Willa said, putting on her coat, and stood up.

"Where are we going?" Jacob said, looking up slightly, feeling uncomfortable.

"Put on your jacket, come on," Jacob stared into the bottle arrangements, before standing up and put on his jacket.

Willa smiled so widely as she spoke, "I'm just going to show you around. You don't seem like you're from here."

Jacob nodded and followed her out from the bar.

"Are you okay with walking?" Willa asked, she was concerned with Jacob's mood.

"I'll be fine. But you, are you okay with walking?" He said, pouting his mouth slightly towards her shoes.

"Right. Wait a sec," she said as she jogged lightly to her car not far from them and changed her heels to some flip flops.

"Much better. Thank you," Willa smiled.

"Nah," he shrugged.

"Let's go. There's a Taco truck not far from here. You like Tacos?" Willa asked as she let out a short giggle.

"Taco's fine," he shrugged — again.

"You know, you can talk to me," Willa said, reaching out for his hand.

Jacob tried to get out from the grasp, but Willa tugged it harder, securing herself in place.

"Relax," she giggled.

"I . . . Ella, I can't," Jacob said, calling her by her nickname, hoping that she let him go.

"Why?" Willa asked, stopping herself from walking and turned around to face him. "Are you seeing someone?"

"I've told you," he sighed.

"Jacob, if you're afraid of relationship, then we can take it slow. Baby steps," Willa smiled softly, rubbing her thumb onto his knuckles.

Jacob was close to snort out loud and push her hard off him. He couldn't believe how bold she was to him.

He was about to say something, as Willa spoke — "You don't have to decide now," she whispered.

"Now, let's go," she skipped, tugging his hands, as she spoke more, mostly about herself, but none had got into his mind.

"We're here," Willa squeaked in thrill.

"I can see that," Jacob said slowly.

"Be nice to me once, Jake. Cheer up," Willa said softly.

Jacob was far too annoyed, but he smiled anyway.

"There it is. The oh-so-handsome Jacob I've known," she smirked.

Jacob couldn't help but to roll his eyes, only to receive a laugh from her.

When will she get it? He thought.

They ordered their taco and sit on the bench by the streets.

"You're built. Did you work out all the time? I'm not gonna lie, you're so hot," Willa laughed jokingly-but-true as she searched for Jacob's eyes.

She needed him to open up, but Jacob had gone back to his trance. It was Renesmee.

"Baby, don't do things like that," Renesmee said, slightly giggled as she walked closer to Jacob.

"Do what?" Jacob spoke sexily as he wrapped his hands around her small waist.

"Shaking your hair like that. And brushing them backwards," she bit her lips, locking her eyes to Jacob. Jacob smirked smugly as he pulled Renesmee closer to him.

"I'm not gonna lie, you're so hot," Renesmee whispered, receiving a wild kiss from Jacob.

There it was, the familiar tugging came. It was painful.

"Jacob," A voice called out. He came crashing back to the Earth and saw Willa waving her hand in front of him.

"Jacob, are you alright?" Willa asked again.

"What? Yeah. Sure. I'm good, great actually," he stumbled.

"You're lying," Willa said, looking down to her feet.

"No, really. I'm fine," he said, jokingly nudging Willa's arm with his elbow.

"Promise?" she looked up.

Jacob cleared his throat, "yep," he mouthed before turning his gaze towards the empty streets.

"You're done?" she asked, reaching out to Jacob's empty paper plate. "Let me," she offered.

"So, where are you staying?" she dug.

"At a hotel," Jacob answered, nodding slightly.

"You know, my family owns an apartment and there's an empty room. You could stay there. I mean, it would save you a lot," Willa offered.

"And you can just stay there. It's on the house," she continued.

"What? No. Even if I stay there, I'll pay," he disagreed.

"Jacob," she called, receiving a look from Jacob.

"Staying at the hotel will cost you a lot. Save money, stay in our apartment. Please," Willa pleaded, almost begging.

Jacob licked his lips and thought for a second.

He surely was close to an empty wallet and he couldn't look for other place to stay. Man, it costed lots and he didn't want to go back home yet.

Fuck, he needed money to go back too. This was the right time to save up.

"Alright," he gave in.

"Really?" she said in higher voice, her cheeks hurt from smiling too hard.

"Yep," he said.

"Tonight?" Willa said in excitement.

"Tonight?" Jacob repeated, but questioning her.

"Tonight," Willa nodded aggressively.

"God," Jacob let out a huff. This girl.