Chapter 14: It hurts

Staring into the ceiling, Renesmee dozed off, falling into a deep nap, probably tired because of the thoughts.

A faint movement inside her tummy woke her up one hour later, making her squirm on the couch.

Renesmee sat upright, leaning her back comfortably and look at her baby bump. It was definitely bigger.

She swore, her pregnancy did freaked her out. One time it was small and the next she felt like she looked like a whale.

Her baby was growing a little too fast, she afraid she would miss their moments together.

Grabbing her phone, she called Rachel and asked her if she could spend some time with her.

"Renesmee, I'm here!" Rachel called out to her 10 minutes later.

"Coming!" Renesmee yelled back, pushing the arm rest hard to support herself. Boy, did she felt heavy.

Slowly, she walked down the hallway to the door and opened it to reveal Rachel in a dark blue jacket and jeans.

"Ness, oh my god," Rachel said in shock, staring into Renesmee's now-big tummy.

"Exactly. Come on in, it's cold outside," Renesmee said, pulling Rachel's hand.

Together, they walked to the family room and sat at the same couch Renesmee had fallen asleep just now.

"I want to ask you something. What month do you think I'm in?" Renesmee asked eagerly. Rachel must've known since she was a mother.

"Let me see. Lean back a little," Rachel instructed, " Can I?" she asked, receiving a nod from Renesmee. She put her hand around Renesmee's stomach.

"I'll say 7. I had Roe like this when my pregnancy reached 7 months," Rachel nodded in confirmation.

"So, in normal pregnancy, I got 2 months left? I mean Mom had me in just 2 months," Renesmee asked, smiling even.

"Supposedly, yes. About Bella, I'm worried though. Are you sure you don't want to call your parents, Nessie? They should know by now," Rachel pleaded, reaching for Renesmee's hands.

"I'm more than sure. Plus, Rosalie just called me two days ago," Renesmee answered, putting one hand on top of Rachel's.

"Did you tell her?" Rachel asked right away. "No. No, of course,"

"I swear your stubbornness is killing me," Rachel sighed, rubbing her temple.

"He haven't called you, Rach?" Renesmee asked, beaming to her.

Just when Rachel was about to answer her question, her phone rang.

"It's Leah, let's put this on speaker," Rachel said happily, hoping to flush Renesmee's sadness away.

"Sure," Renesmee mouthed, smiling slightly.

"Hello," Rachel grinned as she looked to Renesmee.

"You're right. Seth and I are going to Portland tonight. Jake's really there," Leah said, they could hear anger in her voice.

Glancing to stiffened Renesmee, Rachel put it back to phone mode before speaking back to Leah. "Leah,"

"I'm going!" Renesmee suddenly yelled, her face glowed a bit from the news. She snatched Rachel's phone and spoke to Leah.

"Leah, take me with you," Renesmee pleaded through the phone.

Rachel held her phone to take it from Renesmee but she stood up and brought the phone to her room.

"Lee. I'm going," Renesmee said sternly, as she heard Leah muttered some curse words.

"Nessie . . ."

"I don't care. I want to go. I'll be at your house at 6," Renesmee said before hanging up and went outside her room to meet Rachel who was standing still, facing the glass wall.

She turned and walked to Renesmee as she saw her reflection on the glass.

"Ness, you can't go. She will be taking the flight," Rachel said.

She continued as Renesmee was about to open her mouth, "and you need doctor's approval. You still need to look for the ticket. You won't make it," Rachel said, in hope to make Renesmee forget about it.

Renesmee's eyes widened as she fell onto the floor. Her limbs were all weak and she felt helpless.

"Renesmee!" Rachel yelled, lowering herself.

"How could you?" Renesmee whispered.

"Nessie, I'm sorry," Rachel cried, her eyes were already glassy, almost matching Renesmee's pouring eyes.

"He is my husband, Rachel. This is his child I'm carrying. I'm pregnant without my husband around. Do you know what it feels like? Do you know how I feel when he denied his own child?" Renesmee spoke in tears, sobbing as her fingers scratched the floor, hurting from the pain.

"Every single day, I wished I could turn back time and not let myself do things I've promised not to, let alone let anybody else other than Jacob to touch me. I felt like this is all my fault. I missed him, Rachel. I can't hate him for doing this to me. He saw me . . . " Renesmee cried, not able to finish her words.

"Ness, alright. I tell Leah to go there with you. Stop crying, please. You're hurting yourself. Please," Rachel spoke, her voice choked by the tears.

" I need him, Rachel. I need him. It hurts when he's not around. It hurts, Rachel. I need him,"

"Jake please, I need you. I can't live without you, please. Rachel, please, it hurts. Oh my god, ugh," she shrieked, grabbing her chest hard, drawing some blood to the surface and coloured her shirt with dark red.

"Rachel, is this what it feels like when your imprint is far from you?" she cried, still grabbing her chest, right on her heart. The baby was kicking hard, her heart was thumping the same way.

"Rachel, when he said whose baby is this, it hurts. The baby is Jacob's. Please trust me. He's his," she cried.

Renesmee wanted to stop, she swore but she can't. Her cries kept coming and she could feel herself starting to hyperventilate. Her breathing got shortened, and the chest felt occupied and stuffed.

"Renesmee, please. Breathe. Breathe with me, come on," Rachel said, her voice is shaking. She pulled Renesmee to sit upright and pulled her legs near her chest. Slowly, she pushed Renesmee's head down.

"Breathe. Breathe, Nessie," Rachel instructed as she pulled her close and hugged her, breathing in and out slowly in rhythm, pleading Renesmee to follow her.

In time, Renesmee started to loosened up as she began taking deep breath repeatedly.

"What time is it?" Renesmee whispered breathily.

"4" Rachel answered shortly.

"I remember woman under 30 weeks pregnancy don't really need doctor's letter to travel," Rachel continued slowly, wiping Renesmee's tears away.

"Are you sure?" Renesmee asked, her eyes shone with hope.

"Yes. Now, go pack your things up. I'll call Leah," Rachel smiled sweetly.

"Thank you. Really, thank you. Oh god," Renesmee said, standing up to her full height.

Rachel didn't say anything, she just smiled and touched her baby bump sweetly.

"I'm sorry for hiding things from you," she whispered. "It's okay. Now I know where Jacob is," Renesmee laughed shortly, her eyebrows were still furrowed.

"Yeah." she sad smiled.

"Nessie, you need to clean up. You're bleeding," Rachel continued in a concerned voice.

Renesmee whimpered as she said — "It'll heal. Don't worry, I have to pack my things," she said.

"Alright. I'll call Leah," Rachel said softly as she helped Renesmee to get to her feet.