Chapter 11: Cracking walls

Sighing, Renesmee walked into the room where Leah had placed all the shopping bags.

She grabbed all of them at once, benefiting her arms too, and brought them to her room upstairs and placed them on the bed before sitting on the floor.

"Why?" Renesmee groaned as she realized she should've put them on the floor with her.

Pushing her thighs to support her weight, she stood up to her full height and took her steps to her bed, grabbing all the stuffs she wanted to see, and crashed back onto the rug.

"Look what we have here, Daniel," she cooed with her baby voice as she took out a striped pastel grey and white baby romper with a cute baby giraffe on it.

She had been so sure that her baby was a boy. The way she felt, her emotions, her pregnancy, all of them were giving her a tinge of thought that the baby was a boy.

Leah snickered at her thought, but Renesmee had never been so sure. It was a boy, she knew.

Renesmee folded it up and took another baby clothes out of the bag.

This time it was a peach-coloured plain t shirt with "Daddy's pup" written on it, accompanied with cartoon wolves printed abundantly on the pants.

Renesmee pulled up the whole set higher in front of her and smiled at the view. Her smile quickly faded as she thought about Jacob.

"Where are you, Jacob?" she whispered, lowering her hands to her laps.

A tear started rolling onto her cheeks, as an image appeared visually into her eyes and mind.

It was dark, and shadowy, before another image showed up. It was her, and a little boy, probably 4 years old who looked just like Jacob, holding hands while walking by the beach.

His eyes were just like hers, the colour of melted chocolate which Jacob loved so much. His face, his nose, his lips, his jet black hair — were all belonged to Jacob, even his dimpled chin. His skin was beautiful. It was like Jacob's, but lighter than his.

"We'll wait," the little boy said to her, before the images vanished.

Renesmee automatically touched her stomach, rubbing it in circular motion. "Is that you?" she whispered. "Mommy knew it. Hi, Daniel," she cooed.

Folding the rest of the clothes, she stood up and walked out of her bedroom.

Taking a few steps away from her room, she stopped at another door, putting her hand onto the handle before pulling it downwards and opened the door.

It was her old nursery. The striped yellow and ivory wallpaper was still attached to the wall, and the pictures of her were still hanging, showcasing her too-fast childhood.

"This room is going to be yours," Renesmee said softly, landing herself onto a white wooden rocking chair.

Putting her hand onto her baby bump, she transferred the images of her room to her baby.

She closed her eyes and began rocking the chair slowly, to her own rhythm.

"We'll wait," the boy's voice came back, waking her from her short nap, making her mind back into the work mode.

Carlisle had been telling her that the baby might carry both genes, as for vampire and wolf, but she would never knew which one was a dominant. Could Daniel be more like a vampire? I mean, he had showed his gift — she thought.

Renesmee stood up from her seating and walked around the spacious room.

She walked through the closet behind the wall and touched the steel of the open closet. It was not empty. Her clothes were still hanging there.