Chapter 6: Confusion and confession

"It's okay, baby. Mommy's here," Renesmee said softly as she caressed her flat tummy.

She went to the kitchen and opened the fridge to take out some chicken breasts, basil and cheese. 

Her baby had quite an appetite, just like the father. Renesmee snickered just at the thoughts. 

Jacob probably couldn't accept the little life inside her yet, but she was so sure it wouldn't last long. 

"Chicken parmesan today?" she sad smiled, touching her stomach for the thousandth time. 

She washed the ingredients and started to prepare the meal. 

Quickly, Renesmee went to the living room to get her iPod and small jogged back to the kitchen, playing some pop and country to somehow cheer herself a little bit.

She cooked and hummed softly, imagining if Jacob was there, in the kitchen hugging her from behind like he always did.

Sighing at the memory, she took out the chicken from the oven.

The smell of the cheese suddenly struck her nose straight to her throat, which ended her up to the toilet for god know how many time.

"Slow down, little guy. Mommy's sick," she whispered as she looked down to her tummy.

Her eyes widen at the view.

She got up to her feet quickly as she tried to balance her weight and quickened her pace to the mirror.

"Oh god," she whispered sharply, putting one hand to cover her mouth.

"You, missy, have to come with me to the store. We need to get some groceries," Rachel said, smacking Leah's shoulder jokingly.

"What now, Rachel," Leah groaned as she put another slice of meat into her mouth.

"You kinda disappeared for the last two days. Wanna tell why?" Rachel asked, placing her hands on her hip.

"Yeah, that guy is a total jerk," Leah snarled, dropping the utensils on the empty plate.

"Ooh, this is gonna be interesting. Tell me more about it," Rachel came sat closer, placing both of her hands under her chin and wiggled her eyebrows.

"Not funny, Rachel. Not funny," Leah sighed.

"No, really, Lee. Tell me," Rachel persuaded.

"He thinks I'm crazy. He said that I've watched too many animal planet programmes and got obsessed with wolves and their things," Leah trailed off.

"And then he left me by the road just like that! I could've phased right there and shred the shit out of him," she said under her breath.

"Being a she-wolf and had to explain to guys about it is so difficult sometimes," Leah muttered.

"Did you imprinted on him?" Rachel asked curiously.

" . . . No," Leah answered slowly.

"It's cool, then," Rachel shrugged and smiled wickedly to Leah. "I swear I'm going to kill you, Rachel," Leah smiled in annoyance.

"Well, I'm sure my brother wouldn't like that. You may try but there's no guarantee that you'll survive," Rachel said from the kitchen.

"Where's Jake?"

"At his home, maybe?" Rachel answered, as it sounded mostly like a question.

"Okay," Leah nodded. "Did you know Renesmee's pregnant?" Rachel suddenly squeaked from excitement.

"What? Wow. I should call her soon," Leah smiled.

"Wait, you don't know? Haven't you heard from Jacob when you phased?" Rachel frowned as she leaned her shoulder to the door frame.

"No. He haven't been phasing. Well, it never happened before. He usually phased and patrolled a lot," Leah explained, looking at Rachel in confusion.

Now they both looked at each other in silence.

"What, Rachel?" Leah asked slowly, suddenly feeling afraid of something she didn't even know what it was.

"Let me grab the car key," Rachel said, bolting out of the kitchen.

"Let's go, Leah!" she yelled from outside.

The pressure was building up too fast in the car until Leah forced Rachel to spill it all.

She told her what had happened at the first place, telling how crushed Renesmee was, and how Renesmee and Jacob were when they met.

"Nessie told me that Jacob was fine and they somehow made up," Rachel spilled out.

"I was there, Rachel. But she was gone before I came back from the washroom," Leah looked at her dead in her eyes.

"It's not me who you should tell. It's Jacob," Rachel said.