Chapter 7: At stake

Rachel and Leah finally arrived at Jacob's house, feeling anything but relieved as they stepped out of the car.

"Do you think there's anyone home?" Rachel asked, breaking the silence.

Leah was on her phone, probably dialing Jacob. "He's not answering my call," Leah answered, tucking her phone into her jeans pocket.

"Look, it's unlocked," Rachel told Leah, slowly pushing the door open.

"Jake?" she called out.

The silence made it clear that nobody was home.

"Isn't Nessie supposed to be here?" Leah asked, tilting her head in confusion.

"She's at the main house," Rachel said slowly.

"I need to see her," Leah concluded.

Renesmee dropped her hand to her side, as her eyes stay fixed on the mirror.

She touched her stomach hesitantly, caressing it with trembling hand.

She was so scared as her whole body was shaking so terribly.

She grabbed the hem of her tank top and peeled it off her body in a hurried motion, leaving her in her bra and yoga pants.

She continued watching herself in the mirror as tears rolled down onto her pale cheeks.

"What . . ." she whispered, her eyes were now teary from fear.

She was now showing. Really, really showing. She looked like she was 10 weeks pregnant.

"This morning . . . how," she trembled.

She tried to recall her morning.

Okay, I was preparing the ingredients for the chicken parmesan, getting lost in my thoughts imagining Jacob with me, and . . . caressing my tummy countless of time. It wasn't showing just yet!

Slowly, she placed both of her hands onto her baby bump, moving them around softly.
Her mind suddenly flashed her mom, with her rapid pregnancy. So, is this normal for me too?

She started to relax and almost instantly, a  smile crept onto her face as she continued looking at her stomach.

"You're growing up a little too fast, baby. Mommy's just about to enjoy our moment together," she said to her baby through her mind as she touched her own stomach.

She hadn't been using her special ability for so long, it did felt good to finally being able to use it.

She went back to the kitchen after cleaning up herself and putting her shirt back on.

Blocking her nose, she packed the already-done meal onto some plastic lunch boxes.

Just when she wanted to get back into her room, the house bell rang.

Renesmee looked at herself, she was wearing some short shorts and an oversized tan shirt which was Jacob's, but she guessed that they would be fine.

She walked to the door and pulled the handle nervously.

"Renesmee!" Rachel squeaked, hugging her tight.