Chapter 4: Double lines

"Jake, wake up. You should've gone home last night. Nessie must've waited for you," Rachel spoke loudly to his face, standing in front of him, her hands were on her hips.

Jacob let out a yawn and stand up from the couch, towering over Rachel.

"You shouldn't do this to her," she nagged. "You shouldn't leave her alone at home intentionally," she continued.

"If this is about Paul, I can get him home now and replace him," he said.

Oh, that's a good idea, he thought.

"Okay, Jacob Black. Tell me, what's going on between you and Nessie, actually?" Rachel said, pulling Jacob with her back to the couch.

"Nothing, Rachel. Since when did you start being so nosy?" Jacob said, rubbing his hand onto his face down to the back of his neck.

"Black, don't nothing me. I know there's something odd between you two. You act it pretty clear last night," Rachel said.

"Come on, tell me." Rachel persuaded.

"Rachel, if I tell you this, don't freak out on me or tell anyone else or whatever because I don't need this to start off my day. And please, stop bugging me around, yeah?" Jacob sighed, still rubbing the back of his neck.

"Okay, go on," Rachel said, squirming in her seating.

"She lied. Three times!" he suddenly yelled.

"Letting a man touching her," he said under his breath, before stopping his words.

Rachel was now on her full height, walking back and forth in front of him.

"Jake, Nessie is a good person. She won't do anything like that," Rachel spoke sternly.

"This is why I won't tell anyone. Nessie is good, she's great and the one who did wrong is me," he said, also standing up from the couch.

"Did you give her time to explain? Did you hear her out?" Rachel continued, rubbing her temple with her two fingers.

"I've seen enough. I'm going out," Jacob said, reaching out his leather jacket and went out to the door.

"Where are you going? Where is she?" Rachel yelled.

"I don't fucking care!" Jacob yelled back loudly, before getting into the car.

That morning as well

"Ugh, wha . . ." Renesmee woke up and hurried into the bathroom.

The uneasiness was getting worse, her stomach suddenly felt like it was twisting up and her throat,

don't talk about the throat.

Renesmee went straight to the toilet bowl and grabbed the side as if she was holding onto her dear life, throwing up everything she had been consuming the day before.

She didn't feel any better so she stayed there, staring into the tile walls.

"Is it because of the blood?" she asked as if she was talking with someone else.

"But I don't feel like wanting any blood," she refused.

"Is it because the alcohol?" she asked again.

"It might be, but I never had hangovers. What if I might experience it now?" she doubted.

She stayed and waited for a couple of minutes before getting up to take a bath.

Renesmee rushed out from the bathroom 15 minutes later, fully dressed, toweling her hair on her way to her bed as her phone rang.

"Rachel?" she asked, confused as he picked it up. "Hello?"