XIX

Beyoncé

"How do you feel about Paris?"

I glanced up at Jay and raised my brow. We were sitting outside on the patio in the backyard, discussing today's earlier events. Blue and Bella were occupying themselves inside while Jay and I debated on what would be our next move. "Paris?" I repeated. Jay nodded and I frowned. "For what?"

"We can't stay here, Bey. Not after what happened with...." He trailed off and I nodded, understanding what he was getting at. I didn't like her name being said in my house, and Jay understood. "So why not go to Paris? We love it there. We have a place there. Bella and Blue will be safe."

I sighed. "I get that Jay, but we can't keep running anytime something unexpected happens. Bella's going to be enrolled in school next month, don't you think we should go back to New York and help her prepare for that?"

"I think Bella would like Paris." Jay mumbled. I chuckled and shook my head.

"I'm sure she would love it babe, but we can always visit another time. We have too much going on right now to just pack up and leave." I reminded him, hoping it would change his mind. Jay wasn't budging though.

"Bey, we still got another week out here. Why not spend it in Paris instead?" I opened my mouth to respond, but Jay beat me to it. "Just hear me out. I know Bella's safety is one of your top priorities, and with Gina hiding out down here, she ain't safe Beyoncé. I don't want to risk it, and I know you don't want to risk the chance that something may happen to her. What if Gina knows where we live?" I sighed. He did have a point. "We gotta do whatever we can to keep our babies safe. And they'll be the safest if we get out of the country for a little bit."

I bit my lip and gathered my thoughts. I understood where Jay was coming from, and I had to admit that I agreed with most of what he was saying. Our babies being safe was the most important thing to me, and the last thing I wanted to do was put them in danger. Maybe a trip to Paris wouldn't be so bad. "Fine." I finally agreed. "We'll go to Paris."

Jay smiled and wrapped his arms around me, hugging me tightly against his chest. He kissed my head before tilting my face and kissing my lips softly. "This is what's best for all of us, I promise." He stated, looking me in the eye. I nodded.

"I know." I rubbed his chest and smiled softly. "I trust you, Jay."
Jay nodded, kissing me again, before resting his head on top of mine. I snuggled further into him, relaxing in his arms before closing my eyes.

I loved him so much. I trusted him with my life.

"I love you." I told Jay, running my nails lightly against the back of his neck.

Jay looked down at me and smiled. "I love you too, Bey. You know that."

I bit my lip and nodded, resting my head back against his chest. I'd never get tired of hearing my husband say that.

We sat outside for a little while longer before deciding to head inside. I needed to talk to Isabella and Jay wanted to spend some time with Blue before she fell asleep.

*****

Isabella

"Paris?!" I squealed with excitement. Never in my life would I have even dreamt of going to Paris, but here I was, listening to Beyoncé tell me that Paris was our next stop. I mean Houston was great and all, it was a wonderful reminder of how much I loved the South, but Paris?! Come on!