XLV

Isabella

I woke up and groaned. I rubbed my forehead because I had a brutal headache, and it didn't help that the majority of my body was also achy. I opened my eyes and looked around, but it was pitch black. I looked to my left and saw a faint red glow. Then I remembered, I was locked in the trunk.

"Fuck!" I yelled and kicked my feet a few times against the side. I stopped when I heard a faint beeping noise and felt around my pockets until I felt my watch. I pulled it out and looked at the time. It was 4:38pm, so I've been out for a few hours. I thought we'd be at the airport by now though, so why am I still in the car?

Damn, it was moments like this when I really wished I had gotten that Apple Watch a few weeks ago. I thought they were dumb and pointless since I already had an iPhone, so when my dad said he was getting me one I told him I didn't want it. Well that was a big ass mistake. Look at me now.

I laid my watch down beside me and sighed. I didn't know what to do. I really thought that I'd be able to escape if I played the game right, but I fucked up at the gas station. Now an innocent man was dead because of me. I rubbed my face and groaned, that would be on my conscious for awhile. I wonder if that gas station had cameras outside though..... I really, really hope so. I mean I'm sure we were miles away by now, but at least there was evidence and hopefully that man would get some justice if Gina ever got caught. That's a big if, though. I doubt she would. She's too smart.

I really, really hated Gina right now. There was no love left for her anymore, not even the slightest bit. After all of the shit she's done, I honestly just wished she would die. I know that sounds evil and cruel but she doesn't deserve to live. She's ruined too many lives. Especially mine.

I closed my eyes to think. I couldn't let her win. I had to get back home with my family, my real family, who loved me as much as I loved them. I'm sure they're busting their asses right now trying to find me, and I appreciate it, but I'm not sure if they'll succeed. Gina kept me away for thirteen years and I was clueless, who knows what she would do this time. I have to do this myself if I wanted to get out. I had a life I planned on living, and Gina and her mess wasn't going to be involved.

I needed a plan. Fast.

I felt around the trunk, trying to figure out what I had to work with since I couldn't see. There was a lot of empty space, which means there wasn't much back here. I felt something pointy and carefully felt around until I found the dull part. I grabbed it and moved closer to the taillight. It was a screwdriver. I nodded and set it aside, then went back to looking.

My hand brushed across something small and rectangular. I ran my fingers across it and felt small buttons. I grabbed it and moved towards to light again, holding it up against the red glow. It was one of those prepaid phones. How it got back here, I have no idea, but I didn't have time to think about it. I needed to hurry.

I started pressing random buttons to see if the phone would work. It made a beeping noise and my heart skipped. I held the phone against my chest and strained my ears to hear any sounds around me. I heard the faint bass from the front of the car and knew they were listening to music. They shouldn't be able to hear me. Thank God.

I quickly dialed 911 and held the phone up to my ear. I heard the clicking noise that meant I was connected and almost burst into tears.

"911 what is your emergency?"

"Hi, my name is Isabella Carter, I'm the girl that's been kidnapped." I rushed out. My heart was beating a mile a minute, I could feel it against my chest.