L

Isabella

I was laying on my bed, flipping through one of my mom's Vogue magazines and snacking on some M&Ms when I heard my door open. I looked up and saw my mom standing in the doorway. I sat up quick and flinched a little because my lower half was still sore.

She shut my door and walked over to my bed. I was shaking on the inside but I was playing it cool on the outside because I know she can sense fear. You got this, I kept telling myself. It wasn't until she stared at me for a solid three minutes that I realized I, in fact, did not have this.

Can you blame me? I'm just praying she doesn't beat my ass again. I felt the same way my dad did with Auntie Solange in that elevator.

"Isabella." My mom said after a few minutes. Ok, we're talking now. Don't say anything stupid Bella.

"Mommy." I replied. She smiled a little and I felt relief wash over me. At least she wasn't putting up her cold front. Hey, I got a smile! "I'm sorry." I quickly added. That's probably a key component in this conversation.

"I know." My mom said. "But that doesn't change what happened. I'm still very upset and disappointed with you."

"I know." I said nodding. Not gonna lie, it stung a little knowing she was disappointed in me. But it's not like I can do anything about it now so I'll just have to deal with it. "Dad already told me that. I just want you to know that I'm really sorry and I'll never disrespect you like that again. I don't know what I was thinking."

"Oh I know you won't." My mom laughed. I just looked at her. "You're sore aren't you?" She asked.

I wanted to roll my eyes but I'm not crazy. "Yeah...." I said slowly. She just smiled. I got scared again. What was she planning?

"Calm down." My mom said. She must've noticed how jumpy I am. "I'm not going to do anything else to you. I whooped your ass for a reason, and now you're on punishment. That's it."

"How long am I punished?" I asked. I was scared to know the answer.

"Two weeks." My mom said. Well that's not too bad. "And you're not doing that little Givenchy ad anymore either. You've lost that privilege too." Ok, hold up what?

"But that's not fair."

She just looked at me. I sighed. "Okay." I said.

She nodded. "And if you ever disrespect me like that again, you won't be walking for the next week you hear me? I don't know what made you lose your damn mind like that, but it won't be happening again."

"It won't." I swore. That ass beating would last me a lifetime.

My mom leaned over and kissed my forehead. "I love you Bella, with my whole heart. But I am disappointed in you. Don't let it happen again."

I nodded. "I love you too mom. I'm sorry and I won't." I said. She hugged me tight and I hugged her back.

She started kissing all over my face and I groaned. "Moommmm." I whined.

"Shut up and let me love you."

I laughed and let her do just that. I'm not gonna lie, I enjoyed this a little bit. Sometimes my mom gets annoying with all her affection, but I haven't had it in a minute. I'll let her hug and kiss me as much as she wants right now.