XXXIII

Isabella

On the way to the security guy's office I spotted a bright pink dress and froze. I let go of Julez's wrist and sent a quick prayer up to God as I ran towards it.

I got on my knees and looked under the table, breathing a sigh of relief when I saw it was Blue. She had her knees pulled up to her chest and she was crying.

"Blue?" I said softly, trying to get her attention without startling her. Blue's head quickly shot up and she jumped in my arms, wrapping her arms tightly around my neck. I felt her shaking and pouted. I felt so bad. "I'm so sorry B." I apologized, holding her close to me.

"I got lost." Blue cried into my neck. I nodded and rubbed her back.

"I know, but that's not your fault." I sighed. I felt someone tap my shoulder and glanced behind me. It was Julez. "What?" I snapped at him. Not purposefully, but my emotions were on a high right now.

Julez frowned a little. "Can I come down there?" He hesitated to ask. I shrugged and moved over. Julez climbed under the table and sat next to us. "I'm sorry Blue." He stated after a few moments of silence. I looked at him and could tell he was genuinely sorry, so I decided not to give him a hard time about it. Everybody makes mistakes, although this one could've been prevented. "I should've been paying attention to you. I just got distracted, but that's no excuse. I'm really sorry, please don't tell Auntie Bey or Uncle Jay. They'll kill me." He quickly added. I chuckled quietly to myself. He wasn't completely wrong, they were super protective.

"Mommy won't care." Blue mumbled.

Julez and I glanced at each other before looking at Blue. "Yes she would, don't say that." I stated with a frown. "I know she's been.... off lately, but she would lose her mind if something happened to you. I promise. Don't think otherwise."

Blue shrugged and I sighed. Oh well, I couldn't convince her differently if that was how she felt. It happens.

"Let's go." I said, climbing out from underneath the table. I helped Julez and Blue up before leading them to the entrance of the building, where the driver had pulled the van around. There wasn't much paparazzi so we rushed to get inside before they showed up. They usually came out of nowhere and I didn't feel like dealing with it today. I'm sure people got enough pictures of us when we were inside anyway.

"Can I still get an American Girl doll?" Blue asked innocently after we had pulled off. I rolled my eyes a little, but nodded.

"I guess. But we're not gonna be in there long so you better go ahead and think about what you want." I told her. "We'll stop there and then we're going home. I'm tired."

"Okay." Blue nodded.

"What about the pizza?" Julez asked. Oh yeah.

"We'll pick one up." I decided. Julez nodded and leaned against the window. I did the same. I could use a nap right about now.

*****

Beyoncé

I stirred in my sleep before abruptly waking up. I heard machines beeping and frowned, quickly looking over to Jay, who was sitting beside the bed. "Jay?" I called out, frowning at how raspy my voice sounded. I cleared my throat and tried again. "Jay?"

Jay quickly looked up. He jumped to his feet and grabbed my hand. "Hey baby." He smiled, bringing my hand up to his lips and kissing it softly. "How are you feeling?" He asked, staring at me intently. I sighed.