XXV

"Yo man, my boys are telling me Gina's back in the city." Goldie told me over the phone. I sat back down on the couch and rubbed my face, sighing. "One of 'em spotted her in Brooklyn, and we all know Brooklyn is your territory. You know why she could be down there?"

"Nah man, I'm sure she knows Bey and I don't live down there. I don't know what she's doing." I replied, shaking my head. Damn. I'm conflicted because I'm glad they found her, that means we're closer to catching her, but now I know she's close to my wife and kids. I gotta make sure I keep Beyoncé, Bella and Blue out of this. I need to keep them safe. "G, you think you can get some of your boys to keep an eye on Bey and my kids? On the low though, I don't need her to suspect anything."

"Yeah man, let me get in touch with a few of them." Goldie replied. "I'll make sure Yoncé and co. are kept safe."

"Thanks G." I sighed. "I appreciate it."

"I got you Jigga, I told you that." I nodded, even though he couldn't see me. "You want to meet up somewhere later this week? We gotta get a plan down for what we gon' do with Gina, and how we're gonna get her."

"Yeah man, I'll send you the address to a place tomorrow. I own some property around here and I want us to keep this lowkey." I told him. "I can't have this getting out."

"Aight. Have a good night, J."

"You too, G."

I hung up and slid my phone back into my pocket. I turned around and looked out at the city for a moment before heading back inside to find Beyoncé. I went up to our bedroom, where I assumed she'd be since it's getting late, and smiled a little to myself when I found her laying on the bed.

Beyoncé looked up from the book she was reading and frowned, "I thought I told you to go home?"

I chuckled and closed the door behind me before walking over to the bed. "You can't get rid of me that easily, Bey. You should know that by now." Beyoncé scoffed as I kicked off my shoes and climbed onto the bed next to her. "What you reading?" I asked, wrapping my arm around Bey's waist.

I shook my head when Beyoncé cuddled further into me and rubbed her back. This woman was bipolar. "Maya Angelou's autobiography. This woman was amazing." She told me, resting her head on my shoulder.

I nodded in agreement. "She definitely was. One of the best writers of our generation, possibly even generations to come."

"I'm so fortunate to have met her before she passed." Bey said, a little solemnly, as she sat up to place the book on the nightstand. "She's an extraordinary woman. She's the type of role model I would've loved to have for Blue, even Bella."

I shook my head. "Maya is an extraordinary woman, yes, but they have you to learn from and look up to. That's more than enough."

Beyoncé smiled a little. "You think so?"

"Of course I do, Bey. You're amazing, you know that. Our girls are lucky to have you as an example of a powerful woman." I kissed Beyoncé's head and she blushed.

"I love you." Beyoncé said softly, burying her face in my neck. I tightened my grip around her and told her I loved her too. "Jay?"

"Yeah?" I looked down at Bey, but she looked like she was deep in thought so I let her be. I leaned back, pulling her with me and closed my eyes.