XXXVIII

Beyoncé

"Who the fuck is banging on my door this damn early." I mumbled while walking through the foyer. I knew the possibilities were limited, since only my family knows where I live, but I'm still going to beat whoever's ass. It's not even eight yet. And it's a Saturday, so I didn't have to wake up early to get the kids to school. Oh yeah, I'm killing whoever this is.

I opened the door and was immediately pushed out the way. The hell.

"Damn Bey, what were you doing? We been out there for ten minutes." Solange set her bags down before looking at me with a raised brow. I blinked. "I was like, am I at the right place? I know I ain't been here in a minute but damn."

I looked at her like she was stupid. "It's not even eight am." I said dryly. "It's a Saturday. My schedule is clear today. I was going to sleep in."

"Oh, well not anymore." Kelly shrugged. I glared at them. "Come on Bey, you haven't seen us in weeks. Act a little happy."

"She's pissed." Michelle laughed. I huffed and walked to the living room. They followed me.

"Someone better close my damn door!" I yelled.

"Well damn." I heard Kelly mumble. I kept walking until I got to the kitchen. They all came in and sat down at the island while I grabbed a mug from the cabinet.

"Where is my niece?" Solange asked. I made myself some coffee in the Keurig while they got situated. "Is she doing okay?"

I nodded. "She's doing fine. She's been seeing my therapist, and I can tell it's helping a lot. I'm thankful, I was starting to get worried because her nightmares weren't getting any better. She's only had a few since we started her sessions though."

"Thank God." Kelly sighed. "I was so damn worried about her. I facetimed her a few times last week, just to see how she was holding up. I told her we'd be up here to visit."

I turned around quickly. "You told her you were coming but you didn't tell me?" The hell? Ain't this my home?

"We planned on surprising you but your ungrateful ass wants to mean mug us the whole time." Solange laughed. I rolled my eyes and got my creamer from the refrigerator.

"It's early and I'm tired. I'll be fine later." I told them.

"Mhmm I'm sure." I heard Michelle mumble. I quickly turned around.

"What was that?"

"Girl, I ain't scared of you. I'm not your child." Michelle cracked up. Solange and Kelly did too and I just sighed. I turned back around to make my coffee.

"Where's Jigga?" Solange asked.

I looked over at her. "Don't call him that."

"What? We cool like that." She held up the Roc sign and I rolled my eyes. "That's my boy."

"What's my motherfuckin name?" Kelly started singing. I just shook my head.

"Jigggaaaa!" Solange finished.

"And who I'm rollin with?"