XLIX

Isabella

Oh my sweet baby Jesus.

Never in my life, and I mean never in my life, all sixteen years, have I had my ass beat like that.

My mom is strong as hell, and that designer belt she was wearing was THICK sadly for me– she showed no mercy. I have the scars to prove it. I'm pretty sure I died for like half a second and unfortunately came back to life, because I probably would've been better off dead in that moment. Y'all don't understand. I've always heard that there's one ass whooping you'll receive in your life that changes how you view the world, well that one was it. I feel like I'm in another life right now actually. Or maybe I did die and this is all just an illusion. Who knows.

Anyways, it's like four in the morning and I'm still awake. I've been laying on my stomach for the past few hours because I cannot move. I literally can't move. I tried to move my leg earlier and ended up crying for like five minutes because it hurt so bad. I've had to pee since three and I'll probably get a UTI but oh damn well because I'm not causing myself anymore pain. I will lay here like a plant until I feel the need to move.

I wish I was a plant. Plants don't get their asses beat.

Oh my god. I just realized I didn't even finish my dinner and I'm hungry as hell. And I have to pee. And my ass is on fire. What's left for me in this world? Nothing! As Carrie Underwood would say, Jesus take the wheel.

Okay, I really have to pee and I can't hold it anymore. Here goes nothing. I don't know how, but I managed to pull myself out of bed. More like I fell on my face but we don't have to go into detail. I limped to my bathroom thanking not only God but Jesus that I could finally take care of my bladder problems. I'm so happy.

It wasn't until I went to sit down that I realized I was incapable of sitting without experiencing excruciating pain. Yep I'm going to cry.

Why me?

"If I were a boy..." I sang with tears in my eyes as I lowered myself down onto the toilet. I cried and peed simultaneously. My ass hurts so damn bad, I probably have some serious bruising down there. I'm probably gonna cry every time I pee for the next week. Can't wait!!!

Shoutout to yoncé for nearly killing me! I mean I deserved it but wooowww, I really thought I was going to die. My life flashed before my eyes and I was convinced my time had come. But as Tisha Campbell Martin would say, IM STEEL HERE.

I handled my business and washed my hands before limping back into my room. My bed was too far so I just decided to lay on the floor. Yes, it's that bad. No, I'm not being a drama queen. I wish I was being dramatic.

I don't know how long I was laying there but I heard someone open my door and jumped a little. I opened my eyes and saw that it was light outside. Huh, I must've fallen asleep.

"What are you doing?" Oh, it's my dad.

I turned my head to look at him. "Daddy, I can't move." I whined. He looked at me and shook his head. He walked over to me and lifted me off the floor. "Ouch." I cried when his hand grazed the back of my thighs. Yes, they hurt too.

"You should've watched your mouth." He said and laid me on my bed.

"I know." I sniffled and wiped my face. "I'm sorry, I really am. I didn't mean to.... I don't know why I said it. I feel so bad, I didn't mean to disrespect mommy like that. You have to believe me." I said getting upset. "I honestly don't know what happened."