XL

Beyoncé

"Bye baby, have a safe flight." Jay said after kissing me. I nodded and hugged him one more time before stepping back. We were leaving for our girls' trip Kelly and I arranged, and Jay would be home in New York with Julez for the week. He loves his Uncle Jay, so he's excited. "Call me when you land so I know you made it safely."

"I will." I said. "What are you going to do while we're gone?"

Jay shrugged. "I'll probably be in the studio or at the office some days, and I'll take Julez out a few times while he's down here. Ty Ty and I might fly out somewhere during the week, but I don't know yet."

"Okay. Well I love you, don't miss me too much." I smiled. "And take care of my nephew!" Jay chuckled and kissed my cheek.

"I got you babe."

I nodded as he released me.

"Bye Jay."

"Bye Bey."

I waited for the kids to say their goodbyes before we left to meet Kelly, Michelle, Solange and my mother at the jet.

*****

About an hour into the plane ride, I noticed Bella didn't look the greatest. Everyone else was sleep, so we were the only two awake. She was in her own little world, watching something on her laptop, but I could tell she didn't feel well.

"Bella, you okay baby?" I finally asked. Bella nodded weakly and tried to sit up, but quickly laid back down. I got up and sat next to her. "You don't feel well do you?" I pushed her hair away from her face and felt her forehead. Shit, she was burning up.

"I'm fine." Bella mumbled. I eyed her.

"No you're not. You should have told me you were sick, I would've gotten you something to take for it. I don't think we have anything here." I sighed. I made a mental note to pack medication for the flight next time. You never know.

"It's okay." Bella said. "I'm fine mom."

I looked at her.

"Okay, maybe not fine." Bella groaned and laid her head on my lap. I ran my fingers through her hair, just shaking my head. There wasn't much I could do to make her feel better.

"What hurts?" I asked softly.

"My stomach, my head. My body is kind of aching." She said. I groaned because this sounded like flu symptoms. "What if I'm sick all week?" She asked sadly, looking up at me.

"Then I guess I'll be taking care of you." I shrugged. What else could I do? "I'll get you medicine when we land, but until then you're just gonna have to tough it out."

"I can do that." She said. I smiled a little and nodded. We sat in a comfortable silence until Bella jumped up and ran to the bathroom.

"Shit." I sighed and quickly followed her. This wouldn't be good. I walked inside and saw Bella leaning against the toilet. I pouted. She really was sick.

"Hey," I cooed, getting on my knees behind her.

"Mommy." Bella whined. I sighed and rubbed her back.