XX

Beyoncé took out her earbuds and looked between Jay and I. "What's wrong with y'all?" She frowned. I got a glimpse of her phone and saw that she had been listening to something.

I glanced at Jay and saw him sigh with relief. She didn't hear me.

Well, she's about to.

"Jay–"

"Bey, we'll meet you in the kitchen." Jay told Beyoncé with a smile. He glanced at me and I glared back. This nigga. "Bella and I were discussing something, give us a minute."

Beyoncé still look confused, but shrugged anyway. She didn't seem bothered by our behavior. "Okay, Blue and I are gonna go ahead and eat. Hurry up if you want any." She stated before leaving.

Jay looked back at me and I was fuming. I'm pretty sure he could tell cause he looked really worried and a little scared. Ha ha, good. I'm ready to fight his ass. "Are you gonna answer me?" I snapped. "Cause I can call Beyoncé back here if–"

Jay quickly moved forward and put his hand over my mouth before I could say anything else. Hell nah I thought before licking his palm. "Bella!" Jay pulled his hand away and wiped it on his sweats. I smirked.

"Let me explain, please. Listen to me, you can't tell Beyoncé, Isabella. I'm serious."

"And why is that?" I asked coldly. I couldn't believe him. I knew no man could be this great, I knew he had to have something wrong with him. He was a fucking sneaky ass liar, what reason would he have for talking to Gina behind Beyoncé's back?! Mr. Shawn Corey Carter has got me fucked all the way up. Of course I was going to tell Beyoncé. She didn't deserve this.

Jay sighed and reached out to touch me, but I moved back. He looked at me sadly, but I didn't care. This was his fault. I was not about to feel bad for him. "I can't tell you exactly what's going on–" Pshhh.

"Then I'm telling Beyoncé."

"Isabella."

"Shawn."

I raised my brow, challenging him. I wanted to see what bullshit excuse he would come up with.

"You have to trust me." Jay pleaded. He looked extremely desperate, but I didn't care.

I shook my head and bit my lip, sighing quietly to myself. I did trust him, and this is what happened. This is why I didn't want to let them in, I knew they would disappoint me somehow. Fuck him honestly. He didn't deserve Beyoncé.

"I can't believe you." I said with tears in my eyes. I was finally starting to enjoy having them as my parents. I was trusting them, and I don't trust anyone. I thought he was different. Jay was the only father figure I've ever had in my life, which is why it was so much easier for me to be comfortable around him. I was even considering calling him 'Dad.' Now we were back to square one.

"Baby girl–"

"Don't call me that." I wiped my tears away and took a deep breath. I avoided Jay's sad eyes and stared down at my lap. "Are you gonna give me a good reason not to tell Beyoncé or no?"

Jay sighed and rubbed his head. "I don't know what you want me to say."

"I want to know why!" I whispered harshly. "What do you mean you don't know? Tell me why you're doing this. Why would you do this? After everything she's done to you guys... and me!" I was starting to get a little hysterical but I couldn't help it. This was so.... unforgivable. And the fact that he couldn't even be honest with me and explain why he's in contact with my kidnapper, I can't. I don't even want to be around him anymore.