Chapter 5

Khalid - Location

Adrianne

Work that night was busy, so my mind was also busy. I didn't dance, which I was thankful for, and stayed behind the bar for the night.

"Wassup, girl?" A hand smacked my flat ass. I whipped around, my hands up in defense.

Casey laughed.

I relaxed and leaned against the bar.

Thank God it wasn't Reece.

I knew deep down that I wished he would show up, but I thought better of it.

"What are you doing here? You're not working tonight," I said, smiling.

"Oh, I came to talk to Craig about my availability. I got another job as a secretary, and I want to be over there more than here."

I nodded in approval. "Secretary by day, stripper by night. I like it." I grinned.

She laughed, smacking my arm lightly. "I'll be right back."

I watched her walk to the office from behind, but my eyes stopped when I saw him. I narrowed my eyes as I recognized the back of his head.

It was the guy that had been with Reece.

Shit. I should've asked Reece about him.

I saw his gaze follow Casey walk into the office.

I'd have to ask Reece later.

Some time went by, and it was around closing time. I looked at the chair where he had been sitting, but he was gone now. Huh.

Just then, I saw Casey rush past me, holding her hands to her face.

"Woah, woah, woah," I said, and grabbed her arm so she couldn't run out.

She had tears running down her face, and the left side of her face was red.

My mood turned bitter. "Did he hit you?" I demanded.

She nodded, and her bottom lip puffed out as she buried her face in her hands. Her body shook.

"Stay here," I ordered.

I stormed over to his office, banging on the door.

"Craig!" I turned on the handle, but it didn't budge. He locked himself inside?

"Craig!" I banged harder, hurting my hand a little, but there was no answer. Oh, fuck it.

I went back to the bar, but Casey was gone.

"Where'd she go?" I asked the other bartender.

She pointed towards the door, and the music inside stopped. Men started clearing out of the building, laughing and stumbling.

I groaned and made my way to the door, but a hand grabbed me.

Kyle.

Fuck.

"Hey, I- "

"Look, I'm kinda busy right now and don't have time. I'll talk to you later, okay?" I shrugged my shoulder away from him and made my way out the front door, the cool air greeting me.

I scanned the parking lot, and saw her blonde head get into a car. She pulled out of the lot in a rush as the parking lot filled with loud people.

"Dammit."

I went back inside, ignoring the drunk hollers from the men.

I quickly helped them clean up behind the bar, staring at the office door, waiting for Craig's fatass to walk out. I'd bash his skull in.