Chapter Four

"What?" I asked, in shock. Taylor was smiling like a crazy person. His eyes looked twice the size they actually were. "Would you write a song for our new album?" He asked again. So many thoughts rushed through my head. I didn't understand why he would ask me. "I'm flatte-," I started but Taylor cut me off pretty quickly. "Don't say no. You can't. It would be break my heart," he said. My own heart skipped a beat. I don't know why. Well, at the time.

"...well, what kind of song?" I asked. "Like I said, one that shows real emotion, and makes people think or inspires them or makes them have a revaluation or-," he said, sounding like a child on Christmas morning. "Okay, I get the idea," I laughed. It shocked me. I hadn't heard my laugh in so long. Taylor laughed as well. It made me happy, the sound of his nervous chuckle. "I'm just really excited...it would be amazing. And you'd be making a wish of mine come true," he said. "A wish?" I asked. He blushed. Hard. "Well, I've always wanted to collab with you. Like, not only the lyrics but your guitar skills as well. The melodies from your songs speak to me a lot, just as much as the words." It was my time to blush now. "Thank you."

"So is that a yes?" He asked, his eyes suddenly turning into puppy dog ones. Big, brown, adorable orbs. "...what the hell, yes," I said. So many parts of my mind were screaming at me now, but my chest was pumping so hard, I couldn't hear them. Taylor clapped his hands and fist pumped the air. He took me in for a hug again. I was able to enjoy it more, feel the energy he have out.

"Can we begin tomorrow?" He asked. "Tomorrow?!" I nearly shouted. "Well, I kind of didn't mention our first single is coming out this month. The album need to go through editing soon after," he said. "It's fine, we'll start tomorrow," I said. He smiled again, making me smile. His grin was infectious.

"So, I'll pick you up from your apartment at 10 am?" Taylor said, as we walked to where I'd parked my car. "Yeah, that sounds cool," I said. "Oh, wait let me get your number," he said. We kept walking, typing in our numbers into each other's phones. We turned the corner that my car was parked on.

"Whoa, that car is so cool," Taylor said. "Imagine owning it." "I don't have to imagine," I said, clicking the button on my keys and unlocking the doors. My car was a black, vintage convertible. It was the first thing I had bought when I started earning money from "Please Clarify." It's my baby. "It's so cool," Taylor said, his mouth half open. "I'll take you for a spin sometime," I said, feeling more confident then when me and Taylor had met earlier. "Please. Anyway, see you tomorrow Bethan...do you remember I would call you b-dawg and you called me T-Tay?" He asked. I did.

A memory sparked in me. Of happy times on tour with Paramore. And then of my meltdown. "I do...see you tomorrow T-Tay," I said getting into the car. "See you b-dawg."

As I turned the car and came back down the street, he was there waving. I honked and kept driving. The radio started to play "new perspective" by Panic! At the disco. It felt for that half an hour with Taylor, that I did have a new perspective on life.