Chapter Nine

Taylor's POV

I sat in my truck, drumming my fingers against the wheel in anticipation. I hadn't been so pumped in ages, feeling like I could do anything. In the last few days, it was Bethan who'd brought this quality out in me. Even at the mere thought of her name, I blushed.

I looked in my mirror and adjusted my beanie, getting the ratio of curls to hat just right. I wanted her to look at me and think wow, the way I did every time I looked at her.

I saw her in the reflection of the mirror, walking towards the car. Her hair, the curly mass of orange and red, fiery hair sitting just above her shoulders, her piercing blue eyes, her perfect nose and gorgeous cheeks when she smiled. But she wasn't smiling.

She opened the door and climbed in. I stared at her again, taking in every detail, even the slight bit of her waist that was exposed. I coughed to calm myself down and took note of her sorry expression. For some reason, I placed my hand on her knee. "Don't worry," I said, stuttering almost from the spark I felt when I touched her.

7th January 2013

"Why don't we jam for a bit?" I said to Bethan. She wasn't talking to me as much whilst trying to write, but when I got up to leave, she was having none of it. She turned around and I saw how tired she was. Yet, somehow her messy hair and bare skin showed how beautiful she was. "Yeah, let's," she said, smiling. I plugged in two electric guitars into their amps and turned up the volume, hoping I could clear her writers block.

8th January 2013

We definitely cleared her writers block. After jamming on the guitars together, we decided to give Jeremy a call, to hear us play. He loved the sound and dropped in some heavy bass. After this, we asked our drummer to help out. With all in the space of a day we had a 5 minute audio of some heavy, thrashing, music. The last person we called in was Hayley.

"This sound is so good," she said, when we played it back to her in the evening. "But we just don't know how to include it, we can't write a song with it," Jeremy said. "Well, why not leave it as it is? Have that five minute audio to end the album, showing you guys are big and loud and you're not going anywhere," Bethan said. I looked at her and my heart swelled up. "Yes, that's good," said Justin our producer. "But let's start it off with some lyrics, calm ones." "Omg, I've got it!" said Hayley. She played us a video of a small song she'd come up with and guitar loop.

I'm writing the future

I'm writing it out loud

We don't talk about the past

We don't talk about the past now

So, within the space of a day, we had a new track on the album, "Future," my favourite track. Well, that and "Last Hope."

Back to the 9th of January; I walked into the studio around 9am with a bag of donuts and some coffee for Bethan. "thank you, this is a life saver," she said, with a mouthful of Krispy Kreme. I just giggled at her, and grabbed my coffee before sitting down on the couch. She sat on the floor surrounded by papers. "How's it coming along?" I asked, taking a hot gulp of the latte. I'd helped with the choruses and verses but she wanted to refine it all. I was just so excited to hear her sing it after days it nervousness. "I've finished it," she said. I nearly choked. "Really?" I said. She turned around and looked straight at me, a smile slowing spreading across her face. "Really!" She laughed. I was about to jump and scream, but Bethan gasped. "No we can't celebrate, you've got it hear it first," she said. "You've got to like it."

I took in every detail of her as she sat at the piano. Her fingers shook, and she took a deep breath before she began.

I dont even know myself at all