Chapter Thirty Three

Taylor's POV

The sun was beginning to set as we walked away from our meal. It was one full of laughs and photographs. I took pictures of all Bethan's rings, while she snapped pictures our meals. After we finished, we strolled along the pavement. I interlocked my fingers with hers, and listened to her as she talked about loads of different things; about the new album, about the news, about her new vans; anything she said sounded like poetry. "Do you want to be really stereotypical and walk on the beach as the sun sets?" I asked her, after noticing how close we were to the beach. "I couldn't think of anything else more typical to do on a date or anything else I'd rather do."

We walked along the sea, holding hands. I had rolled up my jeans and both of us were holding our shoes in our free hand. I began to near the edge of the sea and kicked the water. "Taylor! My skirt!" Bethan screeched. "You can always take it off," I said suggestively. She smiled and giggled but her face burned red. I needed a way to make her stop feeling uncomfortable. To feel better.

"Hold on," I said and ducked down, to sweep her legs from underneath her. She screeched and her arms flew about for a few minutes before she suddenly wrapped them around my neck. "Taylor! No!" She screamed but laughing at the same time. I kicked the water and she rolled her head back laughing. I spun her around and she buried her head into my chest. "You okay down there?" I said and she blushed again, whispering sweet mumbles into my chest. I wondered if she could feel how hard my heart was beating at that moment in time.

After frolicking about, I walked away from the sea. I gently stood Bethan up. We walked across the beach to the middle. "This a good spot?" She asked. "For what?" I said. "You can't take me on a stereotypical beach date and then not watch the sunset." I laughed at her, and sat down on the ground. She joined me, hugging her knees once she had finally settled down. I looked at her face, the curls that framed her face whipping in the wind. She didn't notice me staring. She was distracted. She looked out to the sea. Her eyebrows furrowed and I knew she was looking for something more. Searching.

"Stop staring at me," she mumbled. I snapped out of trance and faced the sea, embarrassed by being caught out. She laughed and leaned against me. My hands twitched nervously. I slowly lifted an arm and wrapped it around her. My fingertips touched the bare skin between her skirt and top. I breathed in harshly. My fingertips stretched and I could feel her ribs rise and fall. To feel her breath was what gave me life.

I walked her back to her apartment, my fingers intertwined with hers. I felt kik the luckiest guy alive. Nothing couldn't dent my stride, my mood. "Taylor we need to talk."

Shit.

"You should come in and sit down." The noise of the key turning in the lock hurt me almost. I walked in shakily behind her. She shut the door and I went to sit down. She walked over and sat next to me, taking my hand in hers.

"What did I do wrong?" I blurted out. She looked up at me, her face a mixture of shock and confusion. "Nothing! Taylor, you've done nothing wrong," she said and her finger began to trace the back of my hand. "I just wanted to know...I wanted to know...do we tell people about us?"

I sighed with relief. "Oh, I thought you wanted to end us all together." "What? No! No definitely not, neve-" she didn't finished the word but I knew what she was about to say. "I really don't mind Bethan," I said, moving quickly on from her words. "It's not that I'm ashamed of us," she said. "I just don't know if I'm ready to tell Hayley and Jeremy and everyone. Especially not Justin." "Why especially not Justin?" "I just...I don't want your family to know yet...I don't want them to search my name and for them to think I'm a bad thing for you even before they've met me." She stood up. "In all honesty, I probably am a bad thing for you," she said and paced away from me. "Bethan," I said and stood up and walked toward her, her back facing me. I started and stopped myself when I noticed her shoulder were slightly shaking. The neck of her neck had turned bright red. She was trying to stop herself from crying. "Bethan, you're probably the best thing for me," I said. I slowly walked behind her, rubbing my hand against her shoulder. I leant forward and gently kissed the bare skin on her neck. She sighed into me, and her fingertips brushed against my face. I turned her around to look her in her damp eyes. "We won't tell anyone. We'll wait. It'll be okay." I pulled her in for a hug.

"Taylor," came the muffled voice from my chest. "There's something else...I...I got a message the other day on Twitter. From..from Michael." It took me a minute to register who Michael was. "From the band?!" I said. "Yeah, he wants to talk." "That's amazing Bethan-" "Taylor, this is what I wanted to tell you. Don't hype this up. It's just a coffee with a friend. And it's for me to apologise for everything. And it's not a Please Clarify reunion...I left them on really bad terms." "Everyone makes mistakes Bethan." "Yes, but not all of them are forgivable. Plus, I let down a lot of fans an-" "You know how much they all still love you." "Taylor, please."

I heard the annoyance in her voice. "Okay...okay...I won't make a big deal. Just don't end all possibilities straight away okay?" She looked at me. She took a step closer and raised herself on tip toes. Her soft lips pressed against mine. One hand found its way into my hair whilst the other played with the hem of my tshirt. "Okay."

I couldn't walk home in a straight line, I was still dizzy from her.