Chapter Twenty Nine

8th March

I yawned and snuggled myself deeper into my bed as I turned the page of my book and pushed my glasses back up the bridge of my nose. Taylor and I were supposed to meet up today but he had to cancel last minute for a last minute Paramore meeting. I didn't mind much even though I was looking forward to seeing him after our amazing date the night before. I decided though to go out by myself for once and have a good ole look around LA.

I took time getting myself ready. My hair wasn't as curly as it had been the night before but it still had some volume so I left it as it was. I covered the few pimples that were coming up and used my blusher brush to cover my cheeks. I sleeked some black liquid eyeliner on my eyelids, before sliding some lip gloss onto my lips. I pulled on a white and black check baby doll dress with three quarter length sleeves. I pulled on my slip on black vans, and grabbed my black slouch shoulder bag before putting on my black ray bans.

I went to search for a Mac makeup store first. While Paramore were in Australia, me and Hayley texted non stop. It was really good girly stuff, something I'd been missing out on for years. We discussed food to fashion and also a lot about makeup.

Me

See, I wanna be more adventurous about makeup, but I'm too scared :-(

Hayls

Just go for it!! I was like that as well, but you can only get so much from seeing yourself with "adventurous" brown eye shadow lol :P it's not trying to hide who you are, it's just about having fun!

I realised that she was right and wanted to treat myself. I hadn't really been for a shopping day out in months. I had been so busy with Paramore and Taylor but also before they came back into my life, I never wanted to leave the house. Sam always hated it when I did, so I just ordered everything online. Also, I had no friends to go out with, and was too scared to be by myself. But now, all the great things that had happened, I was finally confident enough to get out there and like I said treat myself.

I splurged a little in the shop. I bought myself three lipsticks in the colour Saint Germain, Pink Nouveau and Russian Red. I got a few eyeshadows in light blue, light pink and a light green. I thought I might throw in a few other things like some blue and purple liquid eyeliners as well as a violet blusher. I think the girl that served me must be working on commission seeing as she couldn't stop smiling.

I then stopped off at record shop, and saw the a Jimmy Eat World vinyl that Taylor had mentioned always looking for but never being able to find. I put it under my arm and kept searching through to the records. I nearly choked when I saw it. Michaels favourite caramel guitar, Dans face of concentration as he played his bass and Frank in the back with a streak of blue running through his dark hair. I remember that day on warped helping him dye his hair. I then saw myself, in a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a You Me At Six sleeveless tank top that they gave to me. My hair was longer and I wore a backwards cap. It was a picture of us at warped tour in 2010. I gasped as I realised that this would have been the month before I met Sam, before my world would have been turned upside down. I remember how we were on tour with Paramore from the spring tour, but they took time off the tour to play the European festivals. That's when I met you me at six and got close with them. Our two bands were given the opportunity to play warped and we decided to take it, seeing as we should warm up for the Honda civic tour that was happening at the end of summer and the winter months. Our record label wanted to release a few live songs on vinyl, so we said we'd use that set for it. I quickly bought both of the vinyls and got out of the store before any memories would hit me, turning me emotional.

I then walked into more familiar parts of LA that I would always visit with the guys in between recordings. I wasn't good at avoiding memories. I was in shock when a familiar sign came into view. "The Halfpipe Hangout" was sprawled across a blue sign in yellow lettering. It was the cool cafe that we would always visit, selling smoothies, tea, cakes and sandwiches. Your basic cafe. But the twist was that the place was like a pop punk cafe. The walls were covered in wallpaper of album covers from all the greats. The owners used old parts of a skate park like the curves, to make seating. The roof was curved as well. You also could write all over the tables as long it was nothing negative. It wasn't wide but went far back and was like a cove almost. What was great was the music as well. Always feel good pop punk and rock.