Chapter Seventeen

Taylor's POV

I walked into the house, throwing my keys on the table by the door. When I heard a slight agitated moan I stopped in my tracks and looked over to the living room. I walked over slowly and looked over the back of the sofa to see Bethan on her back, her eyes closed in blissful sleep. Wow.

Her hair was like a halo behind her. Her long lashes leaving a slight shadow underneath her eyes. One of her hands was next to her face and she looked like sleeping beauty waiting for a prince to kiss her awake. Only if I could be that prince.

She knitted her forehead and rolled over towards the back go the couch. She then rolled on her back again and shuffled around. She looked like she couldn't get comfy.

I don't know what I was thinking in the next two seconds, but I was round the other side of the sofa and scooping Bethan up. I held her bridal style but pushed her into my chest a little more. The duvet covered her and pushed against the walls as I walked up the stairs. Her hand started to play with my tie. I looked down to see she was asleep still.

I gently kicked the door open and carried her through, being careful not to knock her head. I laid down her small body. Her hair somehow formed the same perfect halo on the pillow. I pulled the duvet up and over her and sat on the edge of the bed. I sighed thinking of the days past events.

Just when I thought we had gotten past the night before we were back to the start of awkwardness. I should of known it wasn't a good idea to go with Gabriella but I didn't want to be rude. It was a stupid move. How could I get Bethan to like me if I went on a date with someone else? I didn't really see it as a date and neither did Gabriella. I had fun and was happy to take my mind off Bethan but also happy to hear that she had a two year old baby and was engaged. Everyone was finding love. And it seemed easy for them. Had I found love? Or what had I found? And why was it so difficult? I didn't even know if Bethan liked me. I felt like dying when Gab mentioned Nashville. I knew it scared Bethan, the thought of me leaving LA and her behind. But it scared me as well.

Bethan stirred and I almost jumped of the bed. She snuggled into the duvet and smiled. I leant down and brushed away a strand of hair to kiss her forehead. "Oh Taylor," she softly said.

What?

She wasn't awake. She was asleep. Was she dreaming about me? Why? Really? What? Huh? I left the room in a daze and got barley any sleep thinking about her. To be honest, I was in a confused state about her constantly.

/////////////////////////////////////

Bethan's POV

I woke up with a smile on my face. I hadn't slept like that in so long; and I was dreaming again! I hadn't had a dream in a long time. It was usually just nightmares. But I felt there was no need to worry seeing as Sam was now gone.

The dream was a stereotypical one. I was a princess, in my purple dress, long hair and cone like hat. It was a sleeping beauty rip off.

Prince York rode to the castle on his noble stead and proceeded to defeat the evil ogre at my door to come in and save me. He leant by bed and said,"Princess O'Connor doth ten times better then the foul, trashy, Gabriella wench," he said and leaned in to kiss me. Sadly I opened my eyes, too quickly for Prince York to make a move. Plus, the dream started with some weird time travel and alien shit so it was no surprise there was not enough time for Tay-...Prince York to get it on.

As I came to my senses I realised something. I wasn't on the sofa, but in my room on my bed. I could of sworn that I slept on the sofa and I couldn't understand how I couldn't of remembered standing up, walking to my room, and laying down again. Weird.