Chapter Thirtheen

"We don't know the cause yet, but the water pipes must of burst. I'm in shock, the pressure is always kept at the right point and the amount of water that flooded everywhere seems too much an amount for what normally happens with burst pipes," said Gary, the landlord, to the crowd of people in the lobby area.

"Well, it has happened, so what are you gonna do about it?" said a man that lived on the first floor. A chorus of yeahs and some curse words filled the room. "Well, we have to deal with the fourth floor apartments as the flooding is for some reason excessive. Also, the flooding has not effected those on the fifth and sixth floor. If we clear those apartments first, there's no chance of more water leaking downstairs." I felt bad for Gary, he was trying. "There's only two apartments on the fourth floor, are they really that important? Who lives in those ones?" Said a woman in a robe with soaking wet hair. Guess who lives on the fourth floor.

"The Gomez family and Ms O'Connor and Mr Hanson," said Gary. Everyone looked to me and were quiet. The guilt of hearing my cries and screams and Sam shouting at me crept up on them. "I saw that you had everything packed Bethan so I moved that out into the hallway-" "Yes, thank you Gary," I said, not quickly enough. Everyone turned to look at me and Taylor, who had been standing behind me awkwardly for half an hour. "And Gary," I said feeling confident. "Sam's name was never on the rent, so if he comes here asking to be let in you can't allow it, as I don't allow it," I said .

The whole group looked to me. The pop punk girl who used to be famous and was abused by her boyfriend stood before them with a new attitude. "Thanks," I said. I don't know if I was saying it to Gary or sarcastically to everyone in that room that never said anything about Sam. I'm not saying it was their duty, I just felt that if they said something I would have.

I leaned on my car, trying to stop myself from breaking down. Taylor was putting the last box into the boot of my car. "Right that's it-" he stopped when he saw me with my head in my hands. "Bethan," he said and put his arm around me. "Why are you crying? Why are you upset?" he said but I didn't reply in fear of choking. "Heck, you packed up all your stuff...did you know this was gonna happen? Are you one of those physcopaths?" he said and squeezed me. I laughed. "It's physic you idiot," I said. "I know, I just wanted to see you smile," he said and smiled down at me. I wrapped my arms around him, and he laughed, wrapping his completely around me. His chin rested on my head and I decided that this would be the moment to freeze in time and remember. Forever.

"Seriously though, you don't have to worry do you?" He said again. "Well, I do have to find a hotel soon." Taylor came away from the hug for a second and looked at me with a confused face. "What? Why?" he said. "Well, I don't plan on joining the homeless on the street," I said. "I know, but why a hotel...I thought you could come and stay with me?"

My heart seemed to flutter and falter at the same time. The amazing sound of Taylor offering me to stay with him was tinged with the idea that this may not be a great idea. I had already relied on Taylor so much. Writing the song, telling him about Sam, him defending me from Sam and helping me become more stable. I couldn't continue. I don't think I could handle it if someone turned around and accused me of using him. Well, if they really knew him, they'd know that's just Taylor and that's just the way he is.

"...are you sure?" I asked. He moved his arm from my waist to around my shoulders and squeezed me into him. "Of course I am! It'll be good! You didn't get a proper look around, but I guess if you're living there you'll get to know it," he laughed. "well hey," I said coming away from him and standing I front of him. "I'm gonna be staying there and not living. The apartment won't take too long to fix so I'll be out of your hair soon," I said and lost my train of thought as I saw Taylor stop smiling and slightly slouch. "...sorry..oh yeah," I said regaining myself. "If I do I stay for longer you have to let me help with rent," I said. "Well, you don't seeing as it's bought," Taylor said. "Really?" I asked. "Are you gonna stay in LA?" I asked. "No, definitely living in Nashville," he replied. It was now my time to feel a little sad about the prospect of him leaving LA. I forgot about that. "But I'll be in LA so much I thought I'd buy the place, seeing as it wasn't too much," he said again. I smiled at him, I was just happy. "Alright roomie," he said. "You follow and we'll drive back to my place, well, ours now, and get some takeout. You've had a long day," he said. I nodded and got in my car, and waited for him to do the same. I let go of a deep breath when he started to drive. Somehow, Taylor describing something as "ours" made me incapable of respiration for a moment.