Chapter Eight

I took a step back, not to welcome Sam in but to feel closer to Taylor. He made me feel safer. I took a deep breath. "Sam, you said you'd be here on the sixth," I said, cursing at myself about how shaky my voice sounded. "Yeah, well plans fell threw darling, so I thought I'd get it over and done with," he said, smiling. Something was going to happen. His smile was always foreboding. "Aren't you going to introduce me to your little friend?" Said Sam, walking into the apartment. He was playing on the fact that he was maybe an inch taller then Taylor. I felt sick in the pit of my stomach.

He raised his hand and pushed me aside by my arm. I stumbled slightly, but I felt Taylor grab my wrist. He gently rubbed it, not needing to look at me to tell me it'd be okay. He was looking straight at Sam. "I'm Taylor," he said, raising his hand to shake Sam's. "Sam Hanson," he said. "Oh were you in the band? I loved that doo-woop song," Taylor laughed. I giggled and regretted it instantly, seeing Sam's face drop. Somehow, the loveable Taylor York had made an enemy. Sam laughed through gritted teeth. "Good one."

"But dude, was there a need to push Bethan?" Taylor said. The blood drained through my body. One time when we were shopping, I was looking for the car keys in my bag. He got impatient and grabbed my wrist. I yelped as he snarled at me. A guy with two kids stopped. "Hey man, that's not right. You don't treat people like that," my heart was full of love for this kind stranger, but this emptied as soon as I saw Sam's face. It was a night of hell when we got back.

Sam looked Taylor up and down before looking at me. I was scared of what would happen. But then I realised nothing could. I wasn't with him. It wouldn't be Taylor who would leave in the next few minutes. It was him. "Where's my stuff?" he said. Spat more like. "I didn't get a chance to get it together, I thought you were coming on the sixth, like you said," I replied. He held his head in his hand and sighed. "For fucks sake, can you not to anything right?" He said.

"Hey dude," Taylor said, standing in front of me. "You need to calm down okay? You said the 6th of January and it's the 5th. It isn't Bethan's fault. And why should she have to sort out, shouldn't you?" He said. My knight in shining armour.

I saw Sam roll his shoulders and sigh. And then smile. "Fine," he pushed passed Taylor, walked through the apartment and round the corner to the main bedroom. As soon as he was out of sight, Taylor took both my hands in his and looked into my eyes. "Are you okay?" he asked. And he meant it. He wanted to know. He came over to check on me after I didn't reply to him and now he genuinely wanted to know if I was okay. He cared. "Fine...thank you Taylor," I said. He smiled. "I-," he began, but was cut off my Sam coming around the corner. He had a bag slung over his shoulder and look of content on his face. It changed to anger when he saw me and Taylor holding hands, which we stopped doing almost to quickly. "Well, that should be everything," he said. Me and Taylor stood there in silence. He walked to the door.

"Sam," I said. Something was surging in me. The pain mixed with the strength Taylor was giving me. It was just a spark, but it was enough. "Give me your key. You can't tell me you're coming here without a days notice and telling me why. If it's that you want more stuff I will bring it down to you. You're not allowed here anymore." He looked at me, dumbstruck. That would of earned me a good hit. But not anymore. He handed me the key. "Goodbye Sam," I said. He looked at us both and slammed the door behind him.

The biggest sigh of relief shook through. I felt Taylor wrap his arms around me. Suddenly I was in the air being spun around. I laughed. I was on cloud nine. "Bethan you're amazing!" Taylor said. His hands held my face, looking at me. I saw his smile falter slightly. A shy grin. It faded all together as he stared into my eyes. I looked at his brown, beautiful orbs, the slight stubble on his face, the odd freckle. The beauty of him. But it didn't happen then. His finger hit the bump on my head he had found earlier, and I couldn't help but hiss at the pain. "You never said, how did that happen?" He asked.

"....let's not talk about it now," I said. I put on a pair of vans that I'd left at the door. "Where are you going?" He asked. "Well, first to my room to get my backpack and then to the studio to write a kickass song for Paramore...you?" I said, smiling cockily. "I'll start the car," he said laughing, hugging me and then running out the door.

I walked into my room, pulling on my leather jacket and backpack. Sam had left the wardrobe does open. As I shut them I noticed a piece of paper taped to the outside of the door. I pulled it away.

Someone's getting a bit to big for their boots. They might need to be put in place if they're not careful. You haven't said goodbye to me yet Bethan. Neither has your little boyfriend. Have fun going insane, babe.

I couldn't hear Taylor honk in the parking lot. My heart was pumping too loud in my ears to hear a thing.